"Burn upload project" supersedes "Download all and burn"?

Does "burn upload project" encompass everything that "Download all and burn" does, in addition to allow the project to be uploaded?  Just curious because I've never been sure, and I usually end up doing both just to be safe, but that can take a long time, as we all know.

Thanks!

Download all and burn: backs up the new appication in the PLCs flash memory. Forces the reset after the download.

Burn upload project: Enables the entire project to be uploaded from the Vision PLC. Also forces the reset after the download.

For what you are trying to do you should be using Download all and burn.

Upload should be used to pull the program from the PLC to the computer I believe, I have never used it myself.

But does "Burn upload project" also encompass the "Download all and burn", or just allow it to be uploaded?

I am pretty sure it does, because when you give someone the opportunity to reload the source code than the "main code" should be burned in memory as well.

However, if you want to make sure, the put the burn option in your ladder code. You simply have to set SB 372 and the current code will be burned into flash memory. I used to set SB 372 in my codes when the user did certain changes in a configuration menu, especially when changing timer presets. Why? When you use the burn option in VisiLogic than "your" preset-value will be stored in memory. But I found out that if you set SB 372 manually in your code then code will be burned to flash memory with the current timer-preset values at least on Samba PLCs), So, the changes to timer-presets are part of the backup then.

• MVP 2023

I am pretty sure it does, because when you give someone the opportunity to reload the source code than the "main code" should be burned in memory as well.

However, if you want to make sure, the put the burn option in your ladder code. You simply have to set SB 372 and the current code will be burned into flash memory. I used to set SB 372 in my codes when the user did certain changes in a configuration menu, especially when changing timer presets. Why? When you use the burn option in VisiLogic than "your" preset-value will be stored in memory. But I found out that if you set SB 372 manually in your code then code will be burned to flash memory with the current timer-preset values at least on Samba PLCs), So, the changes to timer-presets are part of the backup then.

SB 372? This is new information to me.

Ah, found it in the latest version of VisiLogic (9.8.22), but there is no entry in the Help file. Can someone from Unitronics provide a detailed description of the function of this System Bit and address Bisku's point about timer values?