Need to configure hardware....

Hello all,

I have an application in which I need to control six different stepper motors.  I also need about 16 each DI and DO.  Can anyone suggest a hardware combination that will work well and be the most economical?

I would like to use the Vision series controller, preferably the 570, but I am open for other suggestions.

Many Thanks!!

Hello,

So you know what kind of stepper motors you will be using/ how you will want to communciate to them?

For six different motors, you may want to use a driver with some type of communciations (serial/ethernet/CANbus), one that has a common protocol with our products (Modbus/CANOpen/etc.).

As for the DO - are you going to need transistor or relay outputs?  Would you like them on the back of the unit, or DIN rail mounted in your cabinet?

Hello,

I think what I am going to use for this will be the V570 with the snap in V200-18-E62B and an EXF-RC15.  It seems this combination gives me 6 PTO's, all the local I/O I require, and spare I/O via the EXF-RC15 high speed remote I/O module.

I am not  sure exactly which stepper motors I need yet but I do know I want the control to be accomplished using the V570 and the remote I/O module.

Also, I forgot to mention, PTO is unavailable with teh snap-in modules.  However, we have created an example project that comes with VisiLogic on how to create the ladder for PTO.  (Help\Examples...\Version 900\Project Examples\HSC_HSO\V570_Stepper_Motor_PTO.vlp)

The EXF-RC15 will only allow 3 PTO channels if you are performing pulse only.

If you do not need PTO, you can use PWM instead of PTO to give only pulses out of the high-speed transistor outputs.  In this case, will you be able to use the configuration above that you have described.  Otherwise, you will need more modules that support PTO.

Hope this helps.