Excel over Ethernet

Hi All.

Was thinking it would be great if Visilogic could write a .csv file to a network location over an ethernet connection. Similar to how the write to SD works. Any thoughts, can it be done already?

I am using a shift register to log 5 columns of data in 365 rows on a daily basis (a years history). This data is then reported to management. I know I could somehow use DDE, but I thought this method would be simple (for me!)

What about DataXport? It seems to be built "especially for you"! It's much easier and friendly ot the final user than VisiLogic. If you set DataXport to Listen, PC can initiate the data transfer. Then, the data even can be attached as Excel file and sent to requested e-mails.

What about DataXport? It seems to be built "especially for you"! It's much easier and friendly ot the final user than VisiLogic. If you set DataXport to Listen, PC can initiate the data transfer. Then, the data even can be attached as Excel file and sent to requested e-mails.

Thats awesome Emil - Thanks for making DataXport "especially for me"! It is perfect, well almost. I have got it working, but;

Is there any way in which it can overwrite the same excel file with the same file name each log? I see that help says: "Note that DataXport creates a separate Excel file for each data log. "

Maybe you can add a check box "especially for me" to overwrite file?

My idea is to use another excel spreadsheet pointing to this one to generate graph's etc, or have a javascript intranet based web page point at one file?

Thank-you for your help once again.

In another interesting development on the subject of excel:

I used the RTC to UTC function and logged the resulting DW in a datatable which Dataxport imported into excel. (Thanks to Emil!)

Using a formula in excel and then formatting the resulting value gives the date in date format. (Thanks to a quick google)

So UTC = 3506338408 Formula is "=(((B2-(12*3600))/86400))" Where B2 points to the UTC cell and "12" is your timezone, gives: 8/02/2011 2:53