Load DTI From File issue

kwsullivan

My application is for a UniStream USP-104-B10.  The application is for an OEM and it's written for a fully loaded machine.  I'm using a DTI to set and store each machine's configuration.  Upon initial startup, a high level user will set the configuration bits.  Pressing a Save button writes them to the only record in my DTI, pauses 2 seconds, and stores the record in a file on the SD card with the "Store DTI To File" command.  This seems to work reliably. 

The problem I have is when I read the file with the "Load DTI From File" command on startup.  Roughly 50% of the time I cycle the power, the command returns a status code of -5 (Read File Error).  I've tried numerous methods.  Currently, I immediately start a 5 second timer in the main ladder routine.  Upon timeout, the "Load DTI From File" command is enabled.  I set a coil downstream of the Load command and use that to prevent re-execution of the Load command (see attachment).  Is there some sort of timing issue that I'm missing?  Why does this work sometimes but not always?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

Load DTI.jpg