VisiLogic Run-Ttime error, Out of memory

Hey,

I am facing a problem with VisiLogics stadility. Recently it start to show Out of Memor -error when in online mode.

This causing big problems as I try to find a bug in my code. For the record my application is rather complex and large.

Picture of the error is following.

Any suggestion what should I try to avoid this?

error.png

• 1 year later...

I am also having this error. I am programming a EXF-RC15.  When I first wrote this program  I never had this run timer error. I haven't worked on it for about a month and now  am getting this error.  I  would appreciate any help . It is slowing my progress greatly. 

Thanks

• MVP 2023

I'm wondering whether this might be a buffer issue.  Perhaps you are doing an action(s) that involves a buffer(s) and you don't have quite enough time between the various elements for the buffer to clear properly.  Over time this might build up to the point of tripping the memory message.

I am thinking this because the RC15 is based on CANbus and I have had instances where I have run operations under Unican just a shade too fast, and it works OK for days and then fails.  Increasing timings by tiny amounts fixes the issue. 

But understand that this is purely pie in the sky conjecture.

cheers, Aus

• 1 year later...

Hello!

We have "Out of memory" errors. It's not the PLC-s memory, it's the VisiLogic executable having this error.

This error has been common (once in every 2 hour) in the last month when using VisiLogic.

It occurs randomly while working, but mostly when using the clipboard, to Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V things.

The used VisiLogic version is: 9.8.90
Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 10.0.18363.900
System memory: 8 GB (free memory 53%)

Since the VisiLogic binary is 32 bit, 8 GB of system memory (half of it free) should be enough for it to run.

With no luck, i have searched the Internet for this particular error, and have also found this thread: 

image.png.5c3b86d130bc707d5688e356bb7f0ee4.png

Does anyone else experience this kind of error? What can we try to solve this?

Thanks in advance:

mavika

Hi all,

Q1. What is a VisiLogic version you use.

- Close/kill from task manager VisiLogic process.

- Run VersionSwapper and make VisiLogic registration again.

*You may need to run version swapper as administrator.

- Run VisiLogic as administrator and test.

Does this solve problem?

If problem not solved - run VisiLogic installation as Administrator and select Repair or Change.

Finish and test.

• MVP 2023
10 hours ago, AlexUT said:

run VisiLogic installation as Administrator

For me it is this.

The only times I have ever seen this issue was when I did an install and forgot to do right click run as admin.  Also ensure the .exe is set to run as admin as well, once installed.  I'd also run Revo unistaller or similar to completely delete the previous installation before trying again.  Lastly, check what classification your A/V has Visilogic in, perhaps do some changes, then do a reboot before any use.

cheers, Aus

Hi AlexUT,  Ausman! Thank you for the answers!  

18 hours ago, AlexUT said:

Q1. What is a VisiLogic version you use.

The VisiLogic version we use is: 9.8.90

18 hours ago, AlexUT said:

- Run VisiLogic as administrator and test.

We will do a couple of tests, reinstalls and then I will report the results.

7 hours ago, Ausman said:

I'd also run Revo unistaller or similar to completely delete the previous installation before trying again.  Lastly, check what classification your A/V has Visilogic in, perhaps do some changes

The external uninstaller to clean all the things sounds good, we will try it.
What do you mean, that we should check our A/V classification? Antivirus?

• MVP 2023
16 hours ago, mavika said:

we should check our A/V classification? Antivirus?

Yes.  Sometimes they put Visi into a weird setting, I think because it is not seen as a major program from a "big" vendor.  Or perhaps more likely because it doesn't offer fully secure coms.

If none of this works, you might have a system restore point from before the issue started.  You could perhaps initially do a full partition backup and then go back to that restore point, just to see what has caused the issue.

I only mention Revo because it works fine, is free and has a portable version.  Always works for me, gets rid of everything  left over.

cheers, Aus

It seems, our problem is solved.

I uninstalled VisiLogic, i runned the Revo Uninstaller, and tried Wise Registry Cleaner too, deleted manually all VisiLogic remaining files,
and after some restarts, i installed the most recent VisiLogic_9.8.91 version as Administrator.
Running VisiLogic as Administrator no longer throws "Out of memory" errors.

A system restore would have been painful (despite we have frequent full backups), as many files are constantly changing,
and i also didn't looked into antivirus settings, as the reinstall solved our problem.

Thank you very much for all the suggestions!

• MVP 2023

Good that it fixed it.

It seems that Run as Admin isn't always done automatically.  There has been much talk about this on the forum.  Originally it was a known crucial part of the installation procedure, but after lots of trouble with people not knowing this and having issues, it was made automatic.  But this then created problems with some installations not being able to be done due to user authority levels.  It still seems to crop up now and then, maybe the "default into Admin" has been dropped on latest versions.

@Saragani  would likely know this as I've nagged him on this over the years!

cheers, Aus