Condition to close a socket on V700

• MVP 2023

If the connection is lost, the socket is already closed, is it not? Isn't the socket being open the definition of a connection? Just reconnect. In fact, if you gate the socket connect function with an inverted contact of a bit that is on when the socket is open, you can trigger a reconnect as often as you like and it will do nothing until the connection is lost.

Unitronics Forum 170621.jpg

Thanks for your reply!

I am not shure, if connection is lost, the socket is allready closed.

With a Modbus-Master on a V1210 once I expierenced longer (~ 1min) delays before reconnect, when I removed ethernet cable and plugged it in again. I have shortened the delay by explicitly closing the socket. From then on I always used this in my Modbus-Sequence - not really shure, if this is really needed.

V130-socket-close.PNG.736a3a7acade7eb8593512709ee54fa3.PNG

On a Vision700 this proven procedure fails. I am getting the status bits with:

V700-socket-state.PNG.6a2679eed81fa18e7585ce4da4718a55.PNG

And trying to close the socket with:

V700-socket-close.PNG.2fc7411185224133d1f6149a59b3ff9f.PNG

I think it failes, because the socket status bits are not continuously ON during a cycle. In Online-Test I can see a flicker.

But - nevertheless - my Modbus-Sequence is working even without socket close. By now reconnect times do not seem to be critical.

Maybe the reconnect delay depends on Socket-Timeout-Values on both machines. With short timeouts, no socket close would be needed.