Samba Going to "IDLE" status when adding Call subroutine

I am having an error that when I add a call subroutine in my main ladder the program does not load on the PLC.  It is giving a Status: Idle on the black and white startup screen and stays on the screen.  When I take the Call subroutine out.  The main ladder and HMI shows on the PLC.  Has anyone had a problem like this before?  

I have Updated the OS, Loaded a blank program and then downloaded my new program, but its still not working.  

Thanks Scott

• MVP 2023

I'm also assuming that compile is being/has been done ok, which in theory checks for any anomalies.  It would normally do this anyway during a download.

If you can't post the entire program, perhaps just the sub and pictures of the calls?

Also, have you done a total reset when online?  Connection/Communication & OS/2nd Tab/Initialize & Reset.  Very occasionally I have odd things happen after a download that shouldn't need this, but the reset has cured the issues.

cheers,

Aus

I'm sorry for not replying.  I usually get an email letting me know someone responded. I did not receive any this time.    If you anyone is still out there..:\

I tried compile and it had no errors.  I also tried initialize & reset to no avail.  I could not post my program because it was too big even when compressed.  I have messed with it and found that in my main routine I was calling sub 1, sub 2, ret.  In Sub 1 I was calling sub 2, ret.  In Sub 2 I was calling sub 1, ret.  I removed the calls in sub 1 and sub 2 but left RET.  It now works.  I am guessing this put it into a continuous loop and then error..?  Any insights would be great.  

Thanks for the help.

Scott

• MVP 2023
2 hours ago, ScottRyan said:

in my main routine I was calling sub 1, sub 2, ret.  In Sub 1 I was calling sub 2, ret.  In Sub 2 I was calling sub 1, ret.  I removed the calls in sub 1 and sub 2 but left RET.  It now works.  I am guessing this put it into a continuous loop and then error..?  Any insights would be great.  

Why were you doing this?