Incorrect response for RFC1305 on V570 PLC

When I request the service to the ntp server  I get only the largest 32-bit integer in response.
* Occurs only on a specific network.
* We tested with other plcs on the same network without adequate response.
* The same PLC in other networks updates the NTP perfectly.
* In the network with problems, we changed the router that was working along with another V570 in another network without problems, changing only the configuration of the ISP, and nothing to update the time correctly, always in response we get:  4,294,967,295 ...
Any idea? We have already talked with the support of the Brazilian ISP (COPEL Telecom) and they suggest that the error occurs in the machine or the router, but I have already verified that basically the error does not come from any of them ...

ntp sinc in v570.jpg

• MVP 2023

Hi self,

Quick initial thoughts:  Put a laptop on the same location with the same numbers and see if it connects ok.  Have you sniffed around the problem network looking for clashes?  Disconnected everything else?  Done an initialise on the PLC?

And as a side issue, I would never have a reset after a coil, like you have with MI 739 .  I always separate things out. 

cheers,

Aus

In this specific network can you access a different npt server?

With the PLC functioning in different networks it would seem to be something local to this network.  Can you work from the outside in having the plc make a request from a public ip directly from the ISP's modem or router and then move it back behind any firewall/DMZ which is the first line of network security if it works.  So long as it keeps working keep moving it back till it stops the last line of security you put in front of it should be your issue.  

Something else to check out would be managed switches. Is there a proper route  from the PLC's local IP address to the outside world.  Aus suggested plugging a PC in and checking the connection, take it one step further and assign the PCthe same IP as the PLC.  Some facilities and network admins assign static IPs from different sub nets than the DHCP pool a PC would use.  Which can make a PC on the same drop work but the PLC won't.

• MVP 2023

Sorry for grumbling Cam.  Was very annoyed yesterday with a supplier who didn't read my specific part numbers on an urgent device and got me something else, ("we thought you wanted this instead") which caused huge headaches, and it just flowed on to here.

Apologies and cheers,

Aus

• 2 weeks later...

All PCs, IPCams, other brands of PLCs work perfect with time actualization over NTP.  Same Vision works well on ping, Modbus TCP, modbus RTU,  etc... only stoped to receive correct data from AAAAALLLLLLLL NTP servers.

Question: Is this incorrect number a system generated number?

More infos: Other V570 on other locations with another ISP work well on Time actualization, only this one not.