New Visilogic version crash on Win10

Hi,

After successful  installation of Visilogic V9.8.65 the program crash when I try to open any previous application . The crash just when navigating to a folder containing *VLP  files even before selection or even view of any file.

In addition the installation influence windows explorer too. when trying to open any folder with *vlp files windows explorer crash, and restart automatically.

Same issue with V9.8.31

Only after roiling back to by previous V9.8.22 AND using Version Swapper to register that version, i can open Visilogic, any application, and use Windows explorer normally.

I use Windows 10 Pro with administrator rights.

anybody experience that too?

Any suggestions or cure?

Thanks everyone!

Ofer 

• MVP 2023

Hi Ofer,

have a look at this post: 

Try the complete uninstall, do the careful registry cleanout with CC etc and try again.  If you can, do a quick partition copy to get you back to your exact starting point if necessary, rather than a restore point etc.

See how you go.

cheers,

Aus

• 3 years later...
On 10/29/2017 at 9:47 PM, ofer.yishai said:

Hi,

After successful  installation of Visilogic V9.8.65 the program crash when I try to open any previous application . The crash just when navigating to a folder containing *VLP  files even before selection or even view of any file.

In addition the installation influence windows explorer too. when trying to open any folder with *vlp files windows explorer crash, and restart automatically.

Same issue with V9.8.31

Only after roiling back to by previous V9.8.22 AND using Version Swapper to register that version, i can open Visilogic, any application, and use Windows explorer normally.

I use Windows 10 Pro with administrator rights.

anybody experience that too?

Any suggestions or cure?

Thanks everyone!

Ofer 

Hi,

I had got the same problem, I uninstal visilogic with revoUninstaller (clean folders and register)

Tweaking windows repair help to.

But, for crash of visilogic when you try to open .vlp from visilogic, I do this :

We use Visilogic on a NON admin session for basic security.

I have find the solution, but if you use admin session, it would be easier.

Start →  search → redegit → go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.vlp\OpenWithList
The value are :
(default)
REG_SZ (non defined)
a REG_SZ VisiLogic.exe
MRUList REG_SZ a

and Start →  search → redegit  → open with admin → HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.vlp\OpenWithList
(default) REG_SZ (non defined)
delete others values

For both :
OpenWithProgids
(default) REG_SZ (non defined)
.vlp REG_NONE (binary...)

Delete the orthers folders if the exists (like "userchoice")

Restart

Have a good day ;-)