Updating OPLC O/S, Bin Lib File, Boot file

Hello,

I currently have a VISION 350 series OPLC that came wiyth software version 8.0 and am trying to use the version 9 Visilogic software. When running the wizard to communicate with the OPLC, I check the current information and the OPLC has O/S version 0.0. The OPLC currently displays a red screen and " Factory Boot Boot Error 00.1.003.01" on the top. Has anyone seen this before? Also, I get an error when trying to update the files with the wizzard. I tried to do an advanced upadte but that doesnt work either. Help will be appreciated, Thanks

Jay

Dear Jay,

Such PLC reaction may occurs as a results of incompatibility system files versions in VisiLogic or communication interruption.

Please use the latest VisiLogic V9.0.1 (Download) and try as follow:

1. Turn off the PLC and use it as standalone ( Disconnect expansion ,Ethernet….)

2. Touch and hold the screen

3. Power on while screen touched

4. Touch twice in Bootstrap screen

5. Update the O/S from the web in help menu and download to the PLC by using 115200 baud rate and 2sec time out

6. Download empty application to the controller

I hope it helps!

Dear Jay,

Such PLC reaction may occurs as a results of incompatibility system files versions in VisiLogic or communication interruption.

Please use the latest VisiLogic V9.0.1 (Download) and try as follow:

1. Turn off the PLC and use it as standalone ( Disconnect expansion ,Ethernet….)

5. Update the O/S from the web in help menu and download to the PLC by using 115200 baud rate and 2sec time out

6. Download empty application to the controller

I hope it helps!

Hello,

I have tried these steps and I am still unable to update the o/s or boot file. The only thing I can program is the bin lib. When I installed the bin lib with visilogic 8, the screen went from red to black and i still have the "factory boot error" at the top. I am also have trouble with getting to the Bootstrap screen, i do not go into a different screen when in "bootstrap."

Jay,

How are you connected to the plc? I ask because a while back I had similar problems nothing I did would work. I had my pc on a docking station and connected to the plc through the docking station. I removed the plc from the docking station and connected directly to the plc and was able to download.

Jay,

How are you connected to the plc? I ask because a while back I had similar problems nothing I did would work. I had my pc on a docking station and connected to the plc through the docking station. I removed the plc from the docking station and connected directly to the plc and was able to download.

Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was using my school's computers to connect to the PLC and not getting results. So I started over and bought a new PC(which I have wanted to buy for the longest) and purchased the serial to usb converter and am now able to communicate with the OPLC. The only problem I have now is an error 391, which is the visilogic not able to download the same images to the PLC.

• 1 month later...

Hi there I have similar problem with V560. During the 1st attempt of upgrade only step 1 was accomplished (the erase step :) ) and the PLC hung on step 2. After power down and up the screen is now black and I hear "pic pic". It happened when V560 was connected to DELL D820 via dock station. I can still connect to PLC, and I can check the OS version, but upgrade always ends at step 2 with Check sum error. The point when it happens varies (30%, 50% even 70% of progress).

Now after reading above posts I've tried with direct connection to laptop. Unfortunately, with same results.

v560osupdatefail.jpg

Ill try with another PC but I'm skeptic about this dry.gif

Any suggestions ??

Dear Sir,

Make sure that the PLC's COM 1 is set as RS232

5. Update the O/S from the web in help menu and download to the PLC

6. Download a blank application to the controller

I did all what was mentioned earlier. What I didn't mention is that I had problems with VisiLogic 9.2. It crashed with no reason several times (during ladder edition, hardware setting, etc.).

So ... as I said I've tried with different PC (but also D820 and dock station). It had no Unitronics soft earlier. Fresh install of 9.2 and ... tadaa ... PLC was detected as previous AND the upgrade was not interrupted at any step. All went as it should. So case closed cool.gif

Earlier I had no problems with my RS232 and I am using a lot of PLC stuff via RS232. So maybe previous VisiLogic release had something to do with it ... dunno. Anyway I hope this might be helpful for others.

With best regards from Poland

Hello

Pl. check the baud rare that you set in the OPLC and computer if the baud rate is not matched such type of problem is arrive.

mahesh

Hello,

I currently have a VISION 350 series OPLC that came wiyth software version 8.0 and am trying to use the version 9 Visilogic software. When running the wizard to communicate with the OPLC, I check the current information and the OPLC has O/S version 0.0. The OPLC currently displays a red screen and " Factory Boot Boot Error 00.1.003.01" on the top. Has anyone seen this before? Also, I get an error when trying to update the files with the wizzard. I tried to do an advanced upadte but that doesnt work either. Help will be appreciated, Thanks

Jay

• 8 years later...
On 5/18/2011 at 7:22 AM, R.Mozes said:

Dear Sir,

Hi R. Mozes, There are anyway to download or update firmware with PORT2? We have V570-57-T20B OPLC model. Any help that you can bring to us we appreciated so much.

• 2 years later...
On 5/18/2011 at 7:22 AM, R.Mozes said:

Dear Sir,

PLC COM 1 IS SET TO "SERIAL", I AM USING AN "ATEN" CONVERTER; AFTER THAT THE BOOTSTRAP SCREEN NEVER APPEARS,

• MVP 2023

This sounds like the issue that arises using incompatible usb converters.  You must use one with a Prolific chipset.  Not FTDI.  I had a look at the ATEN website and could not find any mention of what chip your unit uses.  Someone else might know for sure. 

If you are using W10 I have recently experienced hiccouphs in the procedure due to something M$oft have done and have yet to find the reason.  Try doing it on a W7 system if possible.  If it still falls over then I would say that it is definitely the chip issue.  Either get a genuine converter or do the process on a PC/laptop with a dedicated serial port.

Welcome to the world of serial communications being sent astray by "modern thinking" that doesn't understand the continuing need by lots of people for a dedicated serial port .  The forum is awash with references to this issue.

I also draw your attention to this topic:

https://forum.unitronics.com/topic/7245-dont-update-just-because-you-can/

cheers, Aus

19 minutes ago, Ausman said:

This sounds like the issue that arises using incompatible usb converters.  You must use one with a Prolific chipset.  Not FTDI.  I had a look at the ATEN website and could not find any mention of what chip your unit uses.  Someone else might know for sure. 

If you are using W10 I have recently experienced hiccouphs in the procedure due to something M$oft have done and have yet to find the reason.  Try doing it on a W7 system if possible.  If it still falls over then I would say that it is definitely the chip issue.  Either get a genuine converter or do the process on a PC/laptop with a dedicated serial port.

Welcome to the world of serial communications being sent astray by "modern thinking" that doesn't understand the continuing need by lots of people for a dedicated serial port .  The forum is awash with references to this issue.

I also draw your attention to this topic:

https://forum.unitronics.com/topic/7245-dont-update-just-because-you-can/

cheers, Aus

PUT THE TIMEOUT IN 30, seconds, and the problem is corrected, thank you men