Hello,

Im currently working on a project wich demands labview talk to a uvision plc with a computer runing labview.

To my great suprise I found very little informition about who such a procces shoulde work.

So I came here with two qustions 

1. As far as i know i need to communicate via RS485 protocol, is there a special module i should get?

2. I want to finish my software before the plc arrives, so i whant to know if i used the propre dll in the correct way

IMG_20180108_140214.jpg

• MVP 2023

The easiest way to get LabView to talk to Unitronics is to use the Modbus driver on NI's website.  Set up the Unitronics unit as a Modbus slave, which is really easy.

If you want to do testing before the PLC arrives, there are couple of free (but limited) Modbus slave programs you can find on the Internet.  Search this forum and/or Google "Modbus simulator.

Joe T. 

• MVP 2023

I don't know if you found it, but here's the link to the DLL and it's information - 

https://unitronicsplc.com/Download/SoftwareUtilities/ActiveX Communication Driver.zip

You'll have to determine what strings to feed the DLL container in your LabView environment.  It's not something Unitronics supports but it is possible.  If anyone has done this feel free to chime in.

Joe T.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think you are understanding my problem, i already got the dll up and runing on labview yet i couldent find any reasources regarding wich methud shulde i use and in wich order, for example how do i choose the port for the data to be send thrugh

The decumentation is rely lacking ...

• MVP 2023
20 hours ago, Almog said:

The decumentation is rely lacking ...

Unfortunately, the documentation regarding using the .dll in LabView is non-existent.  I looked through it and the closest thing I could find was in the VB6 example - you can see some of the methods there if you open Form1.frm in a text editor and scroll down to about line 500.  But I do understand what you are saying - the methods are not listed in a formatted reference.

I'd send a request to support@unitronics.com and see if you can get some help from one of the Creators.

Joe T.