Rick_PN Posted October 21, 2018 Report Share Posted October 21, 2018 Hi,(Edit: For convenience, the final solution of this issue is at the end of this first post) I am having problems with ethernet connection on V130 (33-R34) OS 4.4 (31) with V100-17-ET2 ethernet module. Problem is that sometimes (mostly random) connection somehow breaks and I am no longer able to communicate with V130 (using Visilogic) via Ethernet. To be more precise: Ethernet connection sometimes breaks after downloading the project (after RUN command is send). I don't have the data on how the Ethernet behaves when PLC is running for a long time - this project is new and I have been able to test it only for some days. But as for now I have never get disconnection while running "Online Test" mode or while downloading the project (just right after downloading). But while programing V130 and testing the project/program (for the past week or so) I noticed that after downloading the project sometimes Ethernet would work right away but other times wont. This even happens if there are no changes to Power-up setup of Ethernet. There is no difference If I Burn the project or just Download it. It happens when the PLC restarts and it’s about let’s say 80% chance that it will work and 20% that it won’t. Which is really frustrating because I cannot rely on this to be able to program or control the PLC remotely. What usually works to reestablish the connection is to power off and back on the PLC (not great) OR to just un-plug the Ethernet cable, wait a few sec and plug it back in. Sometimes I need to wait ~2sec before plugging it back in and sometimes ~5sec for the connection to work again. My initialization process is presented in attached file. I had shuffled the “PLC NAME”, “TCP/IP” etc. blocks in all combinations and nothing works. Maybe it’s a network thing (but if I recall it correctly I had similar problems when I started using V130 and learn how to use it on my home network, but I shrugged it off as “beginner problems. Nonetheless I added PLC IP and MAC on my DHCP list (as static address assignment), but this didn’t resolve the issue. How can I fix this issue? Any help appreciated. EDIT: Parameters of above presented blocks: It's pretty much the "default". Physically the other end of Ethernet connection is a router (build-in switch), right now I am using Visilogic (via wireless) to connect to PLC and sometimes Remote Access. EDIT2 (22.10.2018): I apologize for delayed responses but my replies are moderated and need to be approved by a moderator. Solution EDIT3 (19.11.2018): After hours of testing, downloading, changing cables, making cables I decided to try more routers. As is often the case, the problem was "easy to solve". It appears some routers aren't friendly with PLCs network card. I tested 4 routers: ASUS RT-AC1200G+, Fritz!Box WLAN 7360, Buffalo G54 and LevelOne (only a switch). All of these devices don't cause any problems while only PCs, Printers, TVs are involved. Everything works as it's suppose to. But, three of them: WLAN 7360, Buffalo G54 and LevelOne are not compatible with V130 PLC. If I connect V130 to any of those I get problems that are described here in this topic. LevelOne, Buffalo G54 were my old devices that is why I was having problems with ethernet when I started learning with V130. ASUS is my latest upgrade so I decided to bring all of these 3 devices to the site where V130 is installed and test all of them (WLAN 7360 was already on the site). It is strange that 3 out of 4 devices didn't work. Maybe there is a problem with some old devices or sth. Newer device (ASUS router) worked perfectly, right away with no modifications to the program. Debugging this kind of problem is tedious because one does not simply have 4+ routers to test with on remote sites. I am pretty sure this is a solution because I didn't get any error in one week of testing. Thank you all for your guidelines and solutions. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.