I have tried now tried 2 cables and two EX-A1. I also tried the blank program with hardware selected. I am trying to force an output to 1 with no success.

When I power-up I get the Comm. LED to flash once real quick but thats it. The RUN LED is flashing on the expansion module

V130-33-R34 > EX-A1 > IO-DI8-RO8 is my setup. Someone please help.

• 4 years later...

Have similiar issue. Is there logic required to establish maintain and manage comms from the PLC to Adaptor module. I am using the new EX-A2X, no comm light and modules blinking green (Stop Mode). Did not note Adapter gree LED  for comms coming on at all during or after power up.

• MVP 2023

No logic is required for an EX-A1 or an EX-A2X, but they do use different cables.

A couple of dumb questions-

1.  What is the part number of the cable you are using to connect the two?

2.  As Phil pointed out, do you have the right end plugged in at the right place?

3.  Did you run power to the EX-  module?  It's not powered by the bus.

Joe T.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/19/2010 at 8:54 PM, brdle2002 said:

I have tried now tried 2 cables and two EX-A1. I also tried the blank program with hardware selected. I am trying to force an output to 1 with no success.

When I power-up I get the Comm. LED to flash once real quick but thats it. The RUN LED is flashing on the expansion module

V130-33-R34 > EX-A1 > IO-DI8-RO8 is my setup. Someone please help.

Hi,

Did you have any success getting your EX-A1 to communicate with the I/O modules? I'm still getting green lights as seen in video - any ideas what it might be?

I'm using a EXL-CAB295 cable to connect from OPLC to Adapter.

blinking green.xspf

• MVP 2023

I saw in your other post that you used a regular Ethernet patch cable to the EX-A1 - I've seen others do this and it works.  It's not shielded and not recommended, though.

Do you have another you can swap in?  In the US, the EX-A2X is not expensive - $53.00.  You'll also need an EXL-CAB295. 

If you're using this cable with the EX-A1 it won't work.  

Joe T.

• 2 years later...

Hi;

The Cable used in the older  EX-A1  is custom made, pinout is different from a standard Ethernet Cable.

The EX-A1  has been replaced with the EX-A2X  and this uses a different cable - again custom - and is polarized ( PLC end and EX-A2X end )

Standard Ethernet Cables will not work on these.

DanT