Issues with Japanese (hiragana) characters displaying on a US7-B5

benS

Hello all, 

I can't find a direct solution to this problem, but on our Unistream HMIs, I am having trouble with hiragana and katakana characters displaying on the screen, they display correctly in Unilogic but when downloaded to the HMI they display as boxes. I know English and traditional Chinese characters work, but i can't find a pattern with why these characters do not. I know they exist in the same character range as standard Kanji, which works, but I'm not sure if its an encoding issue or just the font isn't downloading properly or what. Anyone run into this issue that has multiple languages on their HMIs?

I was able to determine it had to do with the characters given being single-bit (half width) katakana characters. When I converted it to double width characters it works fine. I'm not sure what cause that in the first place, if its a shortcoming of the Unistream firmware that doesn't support those characters or a font issue or what, but i have it working.

OK,

I don't know what's half width characters, nor do I understand anything about katakana, but would you mind sharing both characters in a project?

(Just a small project with 2 screens, a one that has half width characters and another one with double with characters).

Thanks