Cannot install Visilogic 9.8.80 on Windows 10

Hello all,

I cannot reinstall visilogic on my pc again. I'm using Windows 10 and I have use an old version of visilogic before.  Here are the steps I made:

1. I have the 9.8.65 before then I updated it on the application itself by the "Check for updates"
  2. When I reopen it, it now shows a problem. I don't have a screenshot of it because of the following steps I've done.
  3. I downloaded the VisiLogic 9.8.80 and in the installation wizard, it has three options (..., uninstall, repair). I chose repair.
  4. After the installation, the VisiLogic application is now uninstalled.
  5. I'm trying to reinstall it again with the same installer (also the 9.8.79 beta, 9.8.65, and 9.7.60) but the installation wizard disappears after the first next button I pressed or after the extraction.

Hope you can help me. Thank you!

• MVP 2023

1.  Which part of "Check for Updates" did you click?

It looks like you have tied yourself in knots trying to do new system installs over previous ones.  Do you have System Restore running?  If so, go back to when you were ok on 8.65.  If this works and you still want to update to 9.8.80 , fully uninstall 8.65 using the likes of Revo Uninstaller portable and then install 8.80.

If you don't have a Restore point it is likely going to be a little harder. Pls advise.

cheers, Aus

• 4 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

Again, which part of "Check for Updates" did you click?  To me this is very relevant info needed if there is a bug in there somewhere. 

All my comments above about using Revo are steps I have found necessary to completely get rid of old install info.

This is not necessarily a Unitronics issue, M$oft are constantly changing the O/S on which it runs, which is often making life exceptionally difficult.

cheers,

Aus