Connecting SM70-J-T20 to Moxa I/O E1212 module

Hello,

I'm a complete beginner to the topic so I apologise in advance if my terminology is lacking. I'm trying to create a simple application using an Unitronics HMI+PLC SM70-J-T20. I have created necessary logic for the program to work, but now I'm at the point of trying to send signals initialized within the program to a Moxa E1212 I/O module. From what I have gathered, there is no way of operating on the I/O directly through VisiLogic and the only way of communicating with Moxa is through MODBUS IP and addressing of the I/O. I have set IP of the I/O module as well as the HMI according with my local network based of my computer ethernet card. Unfortunately the SB 150 stays at the value of  0.  It may be a total non-sense, but I think this means devices are not connecting. I have attached a snipet of the code that is supposed to connect them to each other. Is my syntax or/and understanding of the topic correct?
Thank you so much for any input!

snipet.vlp

• MVP 2023

MB 29 in rung 2 needs to be a direct contact, not a positive transition. That may or may not solve your problem, but start with that.

Also, are you connecting the PLC to the I/O through a hub, or a direct cable connection? If the latter, be sure you are using a crossover cable. If using a hub, connect your PC to the hub and make sure you can ping both devices.

Thirdly, I notice you are using port 20257 for both the master and the slave. That's okay, but are you sure your slave device is looking for a connection on port 20257? In my experience slave devices of this type usually use port 502.

You used normal open contact SB 168.

It not referenced this way in  any recommendation.

Preferred to use power-up value "set" for SB 168.

Set SB 168 warrant you restoring LAN link when LAN cable being disconnected then connected again.

Other recommendation is to init all 4 sockets to default settings (explained in Help).

B.R.