Visilogic download notifications

Joe Tauser

• MVP 2023

@Cara Bereck Levy-

Flex has brought this up before.  I'm loading several V700s this afternoon with an identical and somewhat complex program.  I start the download, and then it stops several times asking me a question.  If I'm not looking at the screen and answer the question quickly enough, when I do answer it the download tries to resume but I get a communication timeout and I have to start all over.

Ask the Creators if a "Bypass Confirmations" option can be added to the download sequence or at least if they can trigger the audible Windows Notification sound  when the question dialog pops up.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

I totally forgot about that section, although when I look at it now I have "Timers values" checked and it still asked me.

I'll do a more thorough analysis the next time I do this, which will be soon.  Thanks for pointing it out.

I still want the audio notifier.  Then my computer can play this when it pauses....

Shrek repeat

Joe T.

On 6/23/2020 at 6:08 AM, Joe Tauser said:

Then my computer can play this when it pauses....

Shrek repeat

Joe, keep posting stuff like this and they'll revoke your Curmudgeon Club membership!

On 6/21/2020 at 1:17 AM, Joe Tauser said:

Ask the Creators if a "Bypass Confirmations" option can be added to the download sequence or at least if they can trigger the audible Windows Notification sound  when the question dialog pops up.

I'll check--but I think this is related to an ancient Installshield sequence, which we are loathe to touch for VisiLogic. 

That particular architecture is Rube Goldberg at his finest, we managed to stuff that *couldn't* be done, and keep it pretty solid, all things considered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023
13 hours ago, Flex727 said:

"UNcheck a message..."

That would appear to be the key.   Thank you all for pointing out that particular squirrel - looking at the directions seeing what I wanted to see.  Seriously. 

As I often tell other people - "Slow down, Tex!"  

image.png.0c588bad269e32cbf5ee44ebb25d08ba.png

Joe T.