Can't change HMI element size

Sandy

Hi,

I've just upgraded to UniLogic 1.29.111, and I've noticed I can't change the size or position of HMI elements with the mouse or properties editor. I can move them with the cursor keys, but that's all. Also, the "Arrange HMI elements" buttons  stay grayed out when multiple HMI elements are selected.

Is this an issue with this version of UniLogic? Anything else it could be? It's a fairly large, complicated project that's just been updated from 1.18.60.

Sandy

Are the elements or screen locked by any chance?

I see in the version changes that UniLogic 1.18 already contained the Improved HMI Editor. However, the Lock Elements feature was not working, an it was fixed in later versions, so maybe you've locked some elements or screen before upgrading UniLogic, and now the lock actually works.

Yes, it is by design. Locking screen just there to prevent you from accidentally moving an element, and does not prevent paste or delete (it is not meant for preventing changes to the screen).

When you select an element and press the arrow keys, you usually want to move the element (using the keyboard is more for moving the element 1 or few pixels to a specific location, since it is more accurate / allows moving by only 1 pixel and only 1 direction).

The Lock of specific element was added later (in version 1.18) along with the improved HMI (speed, memory and features), which later allowed adding the Layers support (I think version 1.19)