Ethernet connection "Favorites" not saved with project???

I just discovered that if I have Ethernet connection "Favorites" saved in a project file then open that file on a different computer, they are no longer there. Am I missing something? I am using version 1.28.34.

7 hours ago, Saragani said:

The favorites are part of the computer (not specific to a project), so if you open a different project, then you have the same PLCs appear in your favorites.

This is terrible in my opinion. Connection settings are project specific and need to be saved with the project.

Isn't the favorites in VisiLogic behave the same?

Maybe an enhancement would be having 2 tabs in the favorites dialog: Global favorites and Project favorites, where the last one is loaded from the project.

5 hours ago, Saragani said:

Isn't the favorites in VisiLogic behave the same?

No, in VisiLogic the favorites are saved with the project and are specific to the project, as they should be.

Flex has a valid point.  Typically the Ethernet address is part of the project.  We save all our project files to a server, and my personal situation is there is a one in five chance that the program will be opened by a different computer.

Joe T.

Hmmmm.....in Visi, ALL my favourites are saved in the evb file.  Hence my solution to the "security" issue here, which is also in the "not quite pinned" list:

http://forum.unitronics.com/topic/5439-hiding-remote-locations-on-your-pc-from-crooks/?tab=comments#comment-21086

It would be nice if only the relevant details were saved on each project.  After all, if you've got it open, you probably want to use it!  I don't use the key of my car to just hop in and sit there making vroom vroom noises.  Well......sometimes I do.  🏎️

cheers, Aus