Today's lighthearted relief...add yours as necessary.

Ausman

• MVP 2023

I'm a great admirer of ants, but sometimes they do need to be "moved on".  Amazingly everything worked correctly after a big clean.  Underneath the PCB, in the gap to the outside shell, they had done a full nest with eggs etc.  A careful removal, complete gentle wash and dry, reassembly and away it all went again.

I was so glad they weren't jack jumpers or inch ants, who I am far more careful with, but again, still greatly respect their colony structure and need for them to exist etc.   If you're inclined have a read of the links.  If you are stung by either you really know about it!  And I'm one of the lucky Aussies who has the allergy, so I have to be careful. 

cheers, Aus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_jumper_ant

https://australian.museum/learn/animals/insects/bull-ants/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

Now I know you're all going to laugh at me, but I've just realised that Dan was answering on behalf of the chicken.

Silly me didn't even relate the post to the one above it, I thought it was a puzzle that Dan had been presented with along the lines of an IQ test!

So...if you're wondering at my strange responses, you might have some understanding now.

Kratmel, loved the wireless.

cheers, Aus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023

Joe's cartridge might have just a few more copper wires than necessary!

Flex, what's wrong with that?  They even have safety handles for easy disconnect, much better than the real thing! 

And a reminder of the topic here:

https://forum.unitronics.com/topic/5862-what-not-to-do-when-you-run-out-of-fuses/

I think we've all unfortunately been there at some part of our lives.  I well remember years ago a crucial contactor failure at a mine site in the middle of a desert in Aus.  No spares, nothing else suitable, coil failure due to high ambients.  The only possible cure was some carefully wedged matchsticks mechanically jamming things on, with subsequent very careful, continual observation of clamp meters until spares arrived by light plane quite a few hours later.  

🌩️

cheers, Aus

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh my, the link certainly proved entertaining, amazing what was considered safe for children back in those days.

I remember a caustic burn I got on my hand from a chemistry set back in the 60's, taught me not to repeat that experiment.

That would invoke a major lawsuit in this day and age. 😁

• MVP 2023

That was great Kratmel!   I loved everything during a quick glimpse at the link.  Sadly didn't have hours to cruise the rest of the site.

19 hours ago, John_R said:

taught me not to repeat that experiment.........would invoke a major lawsuit

But the difference these days is that it only teaches the kid that they don't need to take personal responsibility for their actions.  It's always someone else's fault, no matter how stupid the thing they're doing is.

cheers, Aus

2 hours ago, Ausman said:

It's always someone else's fault, no matter how stupid the thing they're doing is.

And it's amazing, all the stupid things I did as a young man, and it was no ones fault but mine, never had an inkling to blame anyone else.

It was just learning experiences for me....

Like I always say, "I'm Autodidact, from SOHK" (self taught, school of hard knocks). 🧐