Unitronic Remote Monitoring

Hi All,

I'm using V350 PLC to do a system. My objective is to use different network access to PLC Network for Unitronic remote operate.

As I know need to do a port forwarding. But I had tried to port forward but still failed. 

Can someone explain me and help me for the solution?

127777471_411933019987320_7280461602433830186_n.thumb.jpg.e64e95c94bfcfb31d679239c74438d3d.jpg

15 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

Then you need to enter the WAN (internet) IP address into your PC or phone connection, not 192.168.0.1.

WAN IP address means Public IP address? Sorry I'm not really know about networking. I need your advise.

Below shows the step I had tried:

1) I login to PLC network gateway to set the port forwarding  192.168.0.29 port number 502 (*I'm not sure about the port number*)

2)In Client's PC, I tried to access to PLC network (Public IP : 502

But it failed. Which parts I missed?

• MVP 2023

You'll need to give us more information, specifically on the device "PLC Network Gateway".  What is the brand and model?

When you bought the SIM card for this, did you ask the network provider for a static IP address? 

If you're trying to access the PLC with Visilogic or Remote Operator, you need to forward ports 20256 and 20257.  Port 502 is for Modbus communications.

Which software are you using in the client's PC?

Joe T.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:00 AM, Joe Tauser said:

You'll need to give us more information, specifically on the device "PLC Network Gateway".  What is the brand and model?

When you bought the SIM card for this, did you ask the network provider for a static IP address? 

If you're trying to access the PLC with Visilogic or Remote Operator, you need to forward ports 20256 and 20257.  Port 502 is for Modbus communications.

Which software are you using in the client's PC?

Joe T.

I think I know the issues already..  the SIM card is dynamic ip address, means cannot do port forwarding.

I'm try to access the PLC Remote Operator, means I need to forward port 20257?

My client's PC is only Remote Operator..

On 11/30/2020 at 5:43 AM, AlexUT said:

Additional to Joe remarks:

Q4. How PLC is connected to modem? Serial, Ethernet?

Q5. What is a modem model?

Q6. Is a SIM card 2G, 3G, 4G/LTE?

B.R.

Q4 : Using Ethernet

Q5: robustel Modem,SIM card is LTE but I  I found is sim card issues.. It's dynamic ip.

Thanks for reply..

14 minutes ago, AlexUT said:

If SIM IP is Public Dynamic, you can use any free internet DDNS service to connect by connection name.

DDNS will return current IP address. *It works only with Public IPs.

DDNS SErvices - DynDNS, NoIP, etc.

B.R.

But I used DDNS service by no-ip. But the SIM IP and Public IP for gateway is different.

• MVP 2023
6 hours ago, Xiang said:

Public IP for gateway

What is this? Gateway typically refers to the internal IP address of the router. Computers (and your PLC) would use the gateway address to know where to send data for the router to translate for the internet.

If you don't already have a good understanding of the difference between public IPs and private IPs, I recommend that you do a search on "difference between private and public IPs". None of the IP addresses assigned for private networks (such as 192.168.xxx.xxx) can be directly accessed from the internet. You can also look up "network address translation" to help understand what the router does to cross the bridge between private and public IPs.

11 hours ago, Flex727 said:

What is this? Gateway typically refers to the internal IP address of the router. Computers (and your PLC) would use the gateway address to know where to send data for the router to translate for the internet.

If you don't already have a good understanding of the difference between public IPs and private IPs, I recommend that you do a search on "difference between private and public IPs". None of the IP addresses assigned for private networks (such as 192.168.xxx.xxx) can be directly accessed from the internet. You can also look up "network address translation" to help understand what the router does to cross the bridge between private and public IPs.

Sorry my mistake, I means  my SIM card is dynamics IP,  after I did DDNS service and try to do port forwarding for SCADA (port 8088) but seem like the port still closing.

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg