USP-156-B10 PLC program will not load from PC and this is out of the box and has demo application on it currently.

CatUnitronics

USP-156-B10 PLC program will not load from PC and this is out of the box and has demo application on it currently.

It did request IO 8o8t updates and said it was successful and rebooted and still not working. 

The ethernet for the IP and CPU have been set and pinged good.

I keep getting OS issues and asks to copy to stick and do not have one available.

The usb ports are normally turned off and takes great permission.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Yes, PLC is requesting a firmware upgrade to match Unilogic and tried to use a thumb drive to load the firmware from Unilogic and then into the PLC. I know the USB port is a "Read Only" as I am able to get online with other Unitronics. Tried to plug in and the computer see the thumb drive but can not copy to it. The company has shutoff all USB ports throughout the facility.. Is there another method of getting the firmware from the Unilogic to the  Unistream?

Thanks for the above information.

Hmm.

Personally I do not recommend to violate Company Policy.

There is not the last time you need to make firmware upgrade.

When PLC and UniLogic firmware are very different, or you have to recover PLC - the only way is to use Disk on Key.

*Recommended to use MicroSD and MicroSD-to-USB adapter. This allow to use MicroSD and USB stick with the same MicroSD card, so you need to "whiten" it only one time.

Better to do next:

- Contact your manager and prove him that you (your group) NEED minimum 1 "white" Disk On Key to use ONLY for firmware upgrades.

- Or contact IT to assist you each time you need to make files transfer to Disk-on Key.

B.R.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:22 AM, CatUnitronics said:

Thank you Alex, B.R.

I did not attempt to do it at home as I had thought about the ramifications.

I will certainly bring it up to my boss and go through his channels with IT.

Thank you for your input on this matter.

CatUnitronics

Alex, going to supervisor and then to the controls engineer to see about what to do. I do have a contact to possibly have someone come out and install and put on the USB as the company here has all the USB ports turned off.

Thanks

On 12/12/2020 at 1:37 AM, AlexUT said:

Hmm.

Personally I do not recommend to violate Company Policy.

There is not the last time you need to make firmware upgrade.

When PLC and UniLogic firmware are very different, or you have to recover PLC - the only way is to use Disk on Key.

*Recommended to use MicroSD and MicroSD-to-USB adapter. This allow to use MicroSD and USB stick with the same MicroSD card, so you need to "whiten" it only one time.

Better to do next:

- Contact your manager and prove him that you (your group) NEED minimum 1 "white" Disk On Key to use ONLY for firmware upgrades.

- Or contact IT to assist you each time you need to make files transfer to Disk-on Key.

B.R.

B.R.,

Talked to the engineer here and will help with this when he returns as they do have a USB that you have to have a passcode that can be used to upgrade the firmware.

Thanks

7 hours ago, sgull said:

Hi

If you can communicate with the PLC over ethernet then you should be able to update using the remote update option.

You will need an SD card in the PLC in order to accept the download files.

Hello,

Unable to communicate with the PLC over ethernet and do not have an SD card and do not the SD Suite on this either.

Thank you sgull for the advice.

Hi

On your initial post you mention that you can ping the PLC.

Even though you cant go online because of a firmware mismatch, you should still be able to use the remote update function.

You dont need the SD Suite just a blank SD card. Its possible that a USB stick in the PLC will also accept the files.

Regards

Denis

19 hours ago, sgull said:

Hi

On your initial post you mention that you can ping the PLC.

Even though you cant go online because of a firmware mismatch, you should still be able to use the remote update function.

You dont need the SD Suite just a blank SD card. Its possible that a USB stick in the PLC will also accept the files.

Regards

Denis

Denis,

Thank you for your reply and yes I can ping the PLC. Did not think of the remote update function and will search for a blank SD card.

Thanks,

Cat

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, Ausman said:

No-one has mentioned that you could also be trying different older versions of UniLogic.  Perhaps a little cumbersome, but if the issue is indeed an update being needed, one older version will work.

cheers, Aus

Aus,

I am still awaiting for approval for use of the USB port on my PC. I did however find a DOK in my desk drawer and was hoping it was the right version. I stuck the DOK that I found and now have a version mismatch. I now am awaiting for permission for USB use.

Thanks

Hi

Put the DOK into your PC

Connect to PLC with ethernet cable

In UNISTREAM click on "UNISTREAM MANAGEMENT" and then "REMOTE UPDATE"

Half way down the window that pops up select DOK as the "target drive"

Click on "UPDATE" at the bottom of the window and the PLC should be updated with the latest version.

4 hours ago, sgull said:

Hi

Put the DOK into your PC

Connect to PLC with ethernet cable

In UNISTREAM click on "UNISTREAM MANAGEMENT" and then "REMOTE UPDATE"

Half way down the window that pops up select DOK as the "target drive"

Click on "UPDATE" at the bottom of the window and the PLC should be updated with the latest version.

sgull,

Put the DOK into the second USB port on the Unistream and was connected to the PLC with the ethernet cable. Followed your directions and was not sure it worked correctly. Took the USB stick to a PC that has not been touched by IT and formatted the drive as there was an older version. Went through the process again and a program mismatch, but it did recognize the connection so downloaded all and now to get it set up like the test stand that is having issues. 

Thank you for you help and hopefully will be easier.

Cat

1 hour ago, CatUnitronics said:

sgull,

Put the DOK into the second USB port on the Unistream and was connected to the PLC with the ethernet cable. Followed your directions and was not sure it worked correctly. Took the USB stick to a PC that has not been touched by IT and formatted the drive as there was an older version. Went through the process again and a program mismatch, but it did recognize the connection so downloaded all and now to get it set up like the test stand that is having issues. 

Thank you for you help and hopefully will be easier.

Cat

sgull,

Things seem to be getting the PLC set-up correctly. Even went to About and checked with the unit to be replaced and things match up. I had thought there was a back door somewhere and thank you for telling me.

Thank you kindly,