Having some issues saving a modified program using Visilogic 4.7.3 build 0. (Yea, I know it is old but so am I) I am trying to save some modifications of an existing program and when I attempt to save as, I get the "Run Time Error 5, Invalid Procedure Call or Argument" error message.

The original program runs and I am simply wanting to modify it and save it as a different program.

Any suggestions as to what the issue may be and what steps I need to follow to resolve it?

Thanks

Alright, enough waiting around on email or forum support. Its time to go back to Allen Bradley! Within minutes they always provide support.

I might as well post ads on Craigslist for tech support.

I should know never to deal with a company that dont even give a phone number for support!

• MVP 2023

Your problem is probably being caused by a dll that's been replaced by software you've installed. You need to do a complete removal of Visilogic and re-install it, if you still have the 4.7.3 install program. The current version, 9.3, works with all but the oldest controllers.

Instructions for completely removing Visilogic can be found here:

Remove Visilogic

The United States phone number for technical support is 866-666-6033. This number can also be found if you click "Contact Us" at the top of the home page. Your distributor should have been able to provide you this, as well as some level of technical support.

Israel works Sunday-Thursday. Your post on Thursday morning would have been at the end of their day. Any answers you would have received outside of that time would have been from volunteer moderators such as myself.

My experience with Allen Bradley is they only provide support if your service contract is current ($$) and you have to give them your ID number. Just like the programming software, Unitronics provides phone support for free during normal business hours.

Do what you will.

Joe T.

Well, I was surprised to see you posted my rant.

I did click on the contact us and all I see is a form to submit. The contact number you refer to is on a side bar to the right of the screen and seems to reference a sales department, owing to the fact that the email address linked directly below the number is usa.sales@unitronics.com.

Since you have nine specific icons under the support menu heading and none list a direct phone number for support, you can see why phone support does not seem to be an option.

I will follow your advice and uninstall and reinstall the software and see if that addresses the issue.

I do appreciate your candor when it comes to posting in the forum.

Thank you for your reply and support.

If you are able to save an empty project (or an empty project with few modifications, like ladder and HMI), but you are not able to save your project then it's might be something in the project that cases Visilogic to Crash.

In that case, you should send the project to Unitronics support and they will forward it to the R&D.

There is a good chance that if the crash is bug related then they can either fix your project, or that Visilogic 9.3 won't crash.

• MVP 2023

As there were no personal attacks, it was a fair rant. Everyone on the forum is entitled to an opinion and sometimes the more strongly worded ones result in clarification of the Help files and/or the web page. Unitronics is very good about responding to frustrated users with legitimate complaints.

Saragani didn't mention that the official way to contact support is to email your question or application to support@unitronics.com. This automatically goes to both US support personnel as well as several at the home office. They usually get back to you quickly unless you run into that Thursday thing.

Joe T.