Alarm page documentation/tutorials?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've looked at that as well as finally found the help for the Alarms, which I printed, because I doubt I could find it again.  After configuring alarms and adding PLC code as shown in examples and help I still never get the alarm screen up.  Then I came across bit SB350 'Show Alarms on LCD (On=Show, Off=Hide)  Turning this on popped up the alarm screen.  So now I'm confused how this bit should be used.  Left on all the time?  Turned on in ladder logic?  There has never been any mention of this bit anywhere.

• MVP 2023
On 3/3/2021 at 10:35 AM, Seversean said:

Then I came across bit SB350 'Show Alarms on LCD (On=Show, Off=Hide)  Turning this on popped up the alarm screen.  So now I'm confused how this bit should be used.  Left on all the time?  Turned on in ladder logic?  There has never been any mention of this bit anywhere.

Seversean is correct that this System Bit is not mentioned anywhere in the Help file that I can find. @Cara Bereck Levy, can you address this?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

I never use the built-in alarms function on the PLC and prefer to use my own. I started programming Unitronics PLCs before the Alarms function existed and just continued to use my own creation.

Can you tell me how to find the alarm help file?  I came across it once and now I can't seem to find it. 

5 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

In the Help file, go to the Index tab and double-click Alarms, then double-click Alarms again.

Got it, I realized my problem.  This whole time the help file tabs sidebar had been slid over as to make it hidden.  I couldn't see search or index or contents or anything.  Been driving me mad trying to find anything. 

• MVP 2023
1 minute ago, Seversean said:

This whole time the help file tabs sidebar had been slid over as to make it hidden.  I couldn't see search or index or contents or anything.  Been driving me mad trying to find anything. 

Yeah, I had the same thing happen awhile back and it took me way too long to figure out what was wrong and how to fix it. :(

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Flex727 said:

Seversean is correct that this System Bit is not mentioned anywhere in the Help file that I can find. @Cara Bereck Levy, can you address this?

Huh. My bad! You are right, not documented--I just shot off an email to the developers, and will fill you in when I get a reply 

@Flex727,  thanks for pinging me on this!

@Seversean, thanks for raising the issue!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seversean said:

Got it, I realized my problem.  This whole time the help file tabs sidebar had been slid over as to make it hidden.  I couldn't see search or index or contents or anything.  Been driving me mad trying to find anything. 

Wow--that would make it unusable.  Because the Help viewer remembers its last setting, if the TOC pane was hidden, it remains hidden--and it is perfectly possible to do this accidentally, I've done that myself!

4 hours ago, Cara Bereck Levy said:

Wow--that would make it unusable.  Because the Help viewer remembers its last setting, if the TOC pane was hidden, it remains hidden--and it is perfectly possible to do this accidentally, I've done that myself!

Not sure, but I suspect that maybe it did this by default. 

• MVP 2023

Re the Help page woes, you all need to have a 95 year old Parent.  You would have solved it in a flash. 

I am forever fixing computer issues he creates by having clunky fingers that click buttons as he moves the mouse around.  To compound things, he "reads" with the mouse .  The end result is that all sorts of internal edges and other things appear/disappear and I need another remote fix session to figure out what he's done this  time. 

"Damn computer's broken!"   "Welllll...no it's not.  Just the user has stuffed something up again". 

I admire him persisting with using it, but it sometimes takes me ages to figure out how he's actually done stuff in the first place!  The internal margins issue is very  familiar to me!

If you haven't noticed, in the Help window there are Show/Hide buttons directly above the pane's normal location.  It is amazing how often I completely miss something as simple as this.  I guess it is a case of familiarity breeds 'don't even look at what's there' with regards to menu items. 

But a pet parent is also a great teacher, albeit indirectly. 👴 

cheers, Aus

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Cortes said:

Hello i work on visilogic with a v700 and i want to know how how can I have the alarms displayed directly on the screen in real time without having to open the menu. Thanks for your help

What I do is that I created a banner at the top of my screen, color coded with the alarms and some text. the problem is that you could have many alarms at the same time.

I have dealt with this before cycling through. all the active alarms.

Each alarm can be linked to a specific bit, and the same with alarm groups so you can use those bits to track active alarms.