Comms novice can't get anything to work.... (V700)

Hi
I hope somebody could help with some basic questions and problems with a V700:

1) When assigning sockets and ports do I have to make any special considerations
for the connection of Visilogic?

2) Taking one step at a time I'm successful with direct ethernet PC-PLC uploading and monitoring
(although this is with straight cable NOT crossover - don't know why!) and I'm able to ping
the PLC (169.254.180.200) from PC(169.254.180.182) but when I try to ping PLC to PC nothing happens.

See attachmentsCapture1.PNG.769c33cd975c0d9a37d313995c2e49a6.PNG

Capture2.PNG.b8f4344db75dd1060eaba03e9a0f7ac1.PNG

Socket 4 is ICMP

3) Also will any extra FB's need to be added to the example posted June 21 2017:

https://forum.unitronics.com/topic/4746-condition-to-close-a-socket-on-v700/

to allow successful downloading of data-tables?

Thanks,

Rob

Review example from VisiLogic Examples:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unitronics\Unitronics VisiLogic_C\Examples\Version 900\Project examples\Communications\Ethernet\ V700_Ping_Example.vlp

* It is rfecommended to make Init to all sockets to defaults (see Help).

Only change sockets with different configuration.

Take care that "Ping" button is toggle.

So in your test you have to activate MB 56 to see PING reply.

B.R.

What is an IP address you send ping to?

Parameter B of the PING FB is 169.254.180.182  (as identified by ipconfig)

Is this IP inside or outside of your network?

This is just a direct connection between laptop and PLC only

How you configured PLC OP, Mask, Gateway?

Details of TCP/IP INIT are:   IP Address D# 169.254.180.200

Subnet Mask   D# 255.255.0.0

Default Gateway  D# 192.168.1.1

Does your network require MAC address registration on DHCP Server and Domain Controller?

I don't know anything about this.

Thanks

Rob

• MVP 2023

MB56 needs to be either a positive or negative transition contact.  It's sole purpose is to trigger the call, not keep on asking for it all the time, or never ask for it, depending on state.  I think Alex probably meant this, but said toggle which you have taken literally and put in a toggle -(X)-.

Some of your questions relate to basic networking knowledge and I suggest you learn a little more about this from the myriad web sources available.

It is also possible that your PC's O/S may be blocking the inward request via it's inbuilt firewall.   What are you using?

cheers, Aus

Thanks Aus

MB56 needs to be either a positive or negative transition contact.  It's sole purpose is to trigger the call, not keep on asking for it all the time, or never ask for it, depending on state.  I think Alex probably meant this, but said toggle which you have taken literally and put in a toggle -(X)-.

No, MB56 is just an on/off switch on the HMI panel

Some of your questions relate to basic networking knowledge and I suggest you learn a little more about this from the myriad web sources available.

I am doing, 'til 4 o'clock every morning :(

It is also possible that your PC's O/S may be blocking the inward request via it's inbuilt firewall.   What are you using?

Win7

• MVP 2023

Troubleshooting a question like this with sentences is very difficult.  We need to see how you have everything configured.

If you only have your PLC and your PC connected together, you have to hard code the IP address on your laptop.  I'm guessing you've done this.

Upload your program.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

I'd still like to see your program.  I set up the PING block in a remote control application and it wasn't the easiest block to use in the Unitronics FB library.  

There are little things you have to set in the Ethernet configuration blocks that I would want to compare to what I did to see where you went wrong.

Joe T.

Hi Joe

..still no success with a direct PC-PLC X-over connection where Win10 ipconfig (ethernet adaptor) = 169.254.17.247,      255.255.0.0,     and no firewall and Project Settings are: V700P3,  169.254.17.150,  TCP,  20256,  V700P3

From PC  pinging the PLC with 169.254.17.150 returns OK.

No success when I forced MB2 = 1 from within Visilogic

Network 5 results in MI20 = 34

Network 6 results in MI21 = 23

Hope you can help.

V700P3v1.1.vlp