I am new to trying remote I/O. All the documentation from Unitronics revolves around their URB-TCP modules. Can I use an aftermarket remote I/O such as the stride analog module? If so, can someone point me to a manual for setting up an aftermarket I/O.  I was able to set the IP for the vision and the IP for the I/O, but I don't know how to read the I/O. Thanks

• MVP 2023

Visco, I don't know these modules but it appears that you use the inbuilt webserver to set them up.  I did a bit of hunting probably like you did, but couldn't actually find any modbus related literature.  No doubt it's there somewhere, but the phrase "access to configuration parameters" stood out in Web server descriptions.  However, as you've already set the IP for the I/O then you are probably already into it.  The info reads as if you can set the locations yourself.

Happy for someone else to contradict me with more info.

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
2 hours ago, viscoelastic said:

Can I use an aftermarket remote I/O such as the stride analog module?

Please point to pdf for this module ot type name plate model #.

Remote I/O from different manufacturer has different configuration methods (sometimes non standard or ( and) configured with  expensive software).

Othewise if you find than this module is standard Modbus TCP - it is only Visilogic com configuration and correct read/write command needed.

Best way - use some software on PC for emulate master PLC and play with read/write option and registers.

Please try hercules  zip from

Hi Kratmel,

The model for the one I picked is https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/field_i-z-o/stride_i-z-o/analog_i-z-o/sio-mb08ads-1 .  Is there an example code anyplace that I can look at? 

@Ausman The myth, the man the legend.  I was able to configure the remote I/O via its built in web server. I am just not sure how to call the values.

Thanks All

• MVP 2023

Thanks for this, Visco.  Very flattering, but there are others here who do more.

I appreciate the effort put into this. 

But I think if I proudly emblazon it on the chest of a super-suit on my 65kg body, people will rightly laugh.  🤣

Or perhaps give me a wide berth, which might be useful at times.  

cheers, Aus