Pinning of HMI Alignment Buttons in UniLogic

thumble

Hi,

I would love to be able to breakout and pin some of the different alignment options to the HMI toolbar tab.  It is rather tedious to have to go through the dropdown menu every time I want to make alignments with HMI elements.  With monitors getting wider and wider, there is often plenty of space to add additional icons to the HMI tab.

VisiLogic had them all available and could be used with one click.  It would be nice to have that option while using UniLogic.

image.thumb.png.91a8b1c0bda0ed4ee6183a0e216db229.png

image.png.00c387568036ac8a55b5219b0f2f4f70.png

• MVP 2023

This is a good suggestion. One of the issues I struggle with when programming with UniLogic (after >12years with VisiLogic) is that there seems to be no effort made by the developers to minimize keystrokes. Indeed, it seems like they go out of their way to increase the number unnecessarily. After spending a day at work with UniLogic, I feel like George Jetson:

470775694_UniLogicProgrammingBeLike.jpg.a01c46f70e3807fb7ec8ca24042beeac.jpg

• Like 1

Also it may just be me, but the text that accompanies the icons constantly leads me to make mistakes.  The words "Vertical Centers" is confusing next to a horizontal line of HMI elements.  And beyond that, the act of the "Vertical Centers" button actually aligns elements on a common horizontal axis (or aligns elements on their Horizontal Centers).  Just seems confusing to me.  I find myself constantly having to pause and logic out which is the correct button to chose.  That coupled with the annoying dropdown menu means that sometimes I click the wrong option.  And since there is no Undo feature for moving HMI elements around it can be quite frustrating.

• MVP 2023
2 hours ago, thumble said:

Also it may just be me

It's not just you.

2 hours ago, thumble said:

That coupled with the annoying dropdown menu means that sometimes I click the wrong option.

Yes, the drop-down arrow is tiny, but the rest of that button, large by comparison, does some random alignment. It should, perhaps, just execute the last alignment command but it doesn't. That alone would save a few keystrokes.