Strange problem with same project in different Unistreams

DaveB

Dear colleagues,

Maybe you can help me. Something strange is happening with one project I'm working on. I've been developing an application for my client using my PLC, which is a Unistream Modular USP-104-B10. Once everything was ok and working perfectly, I modified the hardware configuration to match with my client's PLC, which is a Unistream Built-in standard US7-B5-R38 and I downloaded it. I only had to remove all references to the USP-B10 inputs and outputs in my ladder, change the PLC in the HW config,  and set the new I/O of the US7 in the code.

So, before I was capable to create Data Tables, convert them to CSV, download them through FTP to my laptop, use the File Browser element to copy them to a USB drive, use the Data Sampler to create graphs... But now, I can only download the CSV and Data Samples using FTP.  I cannot see these files in the SD card using the File Browser in the PLC, and the PLC cannot represents graphs using the Data Sampler. So the SD card seems to be fine, as I can take the files through FTP from the PLC and works fine when I connect it in my laptop, but it looks like for the PLC the SD card is not ok, as it can't show the files neither work with them. Oh, and the graph freezes in "synchronizing" when I start the data sampling. 

Projects are exactly the same and the only different thing is the PLC and the SD card (formatted in FAT32, size 16GB but different manufacturer). 

Do you know what could be wrong? I'm running out of ideas.

Many thanks,

Dave B

58 minutes ago, AlexUT said:

1. Test with SD card you already used.

Does it works?

2. If you make full format for new (problematic) SD card - does format finish with no errors?

3. Find at Internet software to test SD card capacity and run test.

What does test show?

Hi AlexUT, thanks for the quick response. I appreciate.

1. I didn't have the chance to test with my SD. My client is in a different town and I have limited access to his factory. But I've sent him a new SD to discard this problem. He will tell me with the result as soon as he receives it. And  next time I will take mine to test with it.

2. Yes, I did that in FAT 32 and no errors. And the SD was working fine in my PC, being able to access the files inside.

3. I will also try that. but the SD was completely new...

Thanks. I'll let you know as soon as I can check these points.

Best regards

• MVP 2023

Due to the fact that you have replaced the full version B10 of the controller with a simplified basic version B5, the functionality you have programmed probably does not meet the capabilities of a simpler PLC controller.

That is, if you wrote a program from scratch for a simpler controller - probably the Unilogic environment would tell you that some of used functions are not supported.

By making a simple replacement, you have avoided the messages of the Unilogic environment, but probably both used controllers are not equal in capabilities.

Some option in Unistream built-in manual is marked with "For UniStream 7″ Pro only".

• Upvote 1

• MVP 2023

I'm with Kratmel.  I don't use Unistream but I am well aware of issues that can occur between seemingly identical plcs.  Deeper looking then discovers fundamental differences in their specs.

A simple test would be to load from the SD onto your plc, but this might perhaps work anyway because it is going from a simple to a pro.  The other way is likely the issue.

Ultimately, if this is the issue, you perhaps have no alternative other than having a simpler controller to do your work on.

cheers, Aus

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

First of all, thank you all for your great support.

I finally could find the problem. There was something wrong with the SD cards. My Unitronics dealer sent me a manual on how to initialize the card using Diskpart commands and it worked. Now the Unistream is archiving the samples and CSV files correctly.

Thanks again and best regards.

DaveB

Thank you for your feedback.
These are functions that I also use, and reading the problem and the answer, I would not have thought that the SD card could have problems, and that it appears like this.
It is very nice of you to share the troubleshooting.
Is it possible to know the content of the manual for resetting the card with the mentioned software?

Best regards

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 4:06 PM, vincentBsef said:

Thank you for your feedback.
These are functions that I also use, and reading the problem and the answer, I would not have thought that the SD card could have problems, and that it appears like this.
It is very nice of you to share the troubleshooting.
Is it possible to know the content of the manual for resetting the card with the mentioned software?

Best regards

Hi Vincent,

Sure, but the manual was in Spanish, so I translated it for you here below.

Best regards

There are many conditions or possible problems that may appear with SD cards or PenDrives.

To maximize the compatibility of these elements, please follow the steps described below:

·         For this example an 8GB SD card has been used.

·         If you have important information in the device, make a backup

1)      If you are using a virtual machine, make sure the USB port is linked to the VM

2)      Open windows console (Execute CMD)

3)      Execute “diskpart

4)      Visualize “list disk”. This command will show all units.

imagen.png.9e98533b60bfd07ed4f21fa7c4f4de38.png

5)      Insert your SD/PenDrive

6)      Execute again “list disk”

imagen.png.b5c5c4f31f5d0a990b0d35a23defa382.png

A new unit will show up. If not, this is a problem between windows and the SD

7)      Let’s suppose the unit appears in the list. Execute “select disk 2”.

Disk 2 is the disk selected

8)      Execute “list partition”

imagen.png.00cfcd3009604544ab3b7050286ca357.png

Offset shouldn’t be 0 B

9)      Execute “clean”

DISKPART>clean

This command will delete the partition of the selected disk. Make sure to select the right disk. Everything will be deleted.

It will take a while. Be patient.

10)      When the process is done, the message below will appear:

DISKPART>clean

Diskpart succeeded in cleaning the disk

11)      Execute “list disk” again

imagen.png.9fb01e4893bacb788f20bba7297709fc.png

The selected disk will be marked with an asterisk *

12)      Let’s suppose the disk is shown correctly.

Execute “select disk 2”

13)      Execute “list partition”

DISKPART>list partition

There are no partitions on this disk to show.

14)      Execute “create partition primary”

DISKPART>create partition primary

Diskpart succeeded in creating the specified partition.

15)    Execute “list partition” again

DISKPART>list partition

imagen.png.7a911281cfe23cc1de28e307964f3a18.png

Offset shouldn’t be 0 B

16)      Execute “detail partition”

DISKPART>detail partition

imagen.png.c96be0ee714280a8f9d63a1dddf52463.png

The file system is RAW (no format)

17)      Format a new disk from windows with a cluster size of 4096

18)      Execute “detail partition” again to confirm.

imagen.png.457d7a7ecdb4f6ad17dfbae989c33be9.png

File system now is FAT32

19)      Execute “exit” to close diskpart

DISKPART>exit

Leaving DiskPart…

20)      You can close command window (CMD)

21)      Remove the SD/PenDrive safely

22)      Insert the SD/Pendrive in the PLC

23)      Go to UniApps or format with the SD Card Suite to generate the appropriate folder structure

24)       Select Memory -> File Browser

25)      For SD, you can verify the structure at Uniapps

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...