Help with parameters for servo motion profile "S-Curve"

blacky0

Hello

I'm currently using Trapezoidal motion profile on the servo that I'm driving and the parameters for velocity, acceleration, deceleration are 11, 45, 45 at the moment. The servo is performing nicely.

I'm using MoveAbsolute block, so I'm driving it using the position.

However because there is a substantial jerk, I'm trying to implement the S-Curve.

Servo motors are a new area for me, but from what I've seen in tutorials on other servos if I implement jerk and give it some value while the rest of the paramters stay the same, then the motor should change the way it moves.

When I change the motion profile to S-Curve and give different values (1..100) to jerk, while the velocity, acceleration, deceleration are the same values, the motor barely moves (starts crawling literally).

Changing the velocity doesn't affect the movement, however when I change the acceleration and deceleration from 45 to values 1000+ then the motor starts to move. I'm trying to get a better understanding of how the parameters work and how to set up the values.

Any advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
It seems like you are doing everything right except for the Jerk value.
It shouldn't be between 1 to 100,it's the same scale as Velocity and acceleration.
I can recommand use a value 10 times greater then the acceleration. (if you need higher response increase it and if you want to to soften the response decrease it)