Hi

Is there any tweak from Visilogic to fix this? (attached screenshot of part of the code) : I receive several emails instead of one when I use the e-mail function block for V570 and

Why it takes too much time to receive emails although the Email Server is neither queued nor suspended?

Would it help to setup an email account for the PLC? Something like V570@companyname.com so the MSOutlook emailing protocol is followed?

Could it be the case when I use a MB contact vs. a ‘Input’ contact to invoke the email FB that I am getting several emails?

In general, what is the best way to receive messages from PLC, emailing Vs. SMS Vs….?

post-161-084848500 1283532273_thumb.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am using a Vision 280. I am trying to configurate the PLC to send e-mail, but I can't get the SB 150(Ethernet Soc 3 is connected)=1. When using cmd: ping smtp.gmail.com I got 74.125.79.109. Then I configurate the TCP/IP Connect Sock 3 as: 74.125.79.109 and port nr= 25. Then I try to connect, but the SB 150(Ethernet Soc 3 is connected)=0. Is there any one can tell me what wrong.

Thanks beforhand.

Thien

post-131-079619100 1285014088_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi

I am using a Vision 280. I am trying to configurate the PLC to send e-mail, but I can't get the SB 150(Ethernet Soc 3 is connected)=1. When using cmd: ping smtp.gmail.com I got 74.125.79.109. Then I configurate the TCP/IP Connect Sock 3 as: 74.125.79.109 and port nr= 25. Then I try to connect, but the SB 150(Ethernet Soc 3 is connected)=0. Is there any one can tell me what wrong.

Thanks beforhand.

Thien

Well, as I see, SB 345 supposed to be an inverted contact as you want to check if "Email send in progress" is off.

Well, as I see, SB 345 supposed to be an inverted contact as you want to check if "Email send in progress" is off.

I've been working on implementing e-mail on a V230. Contemplating setting up a separate e-mail address for the controller.

In doing my homework on that, I thought I saw that Gmail only allows SSL connection. That would be a problem, since the controllers won't do SSL.

• 1 year later...