Set up (Temperature Output) on a Vibration Accelerometer

Juandiaza

Hi, 

I am trying to set up the temperature over my PLC but I am not really sure How to do that? 

So, I am doing this in the same way I set up my 4-20 mA vibrations sensor inputs and this is what I got:

From my Specification sensor: 

1169348073_IMG_0610(2)_302x403.jpeg.e5c38d057e7b7cbaa65e4581ee3f5229.jpeg

The resolution is 10mV . (Temp from 0-1 Volt will be proportional to 32-212 Fahrenheit)

On the Ladder I have this value from the device:

IMG_0611_1512x2016_756x1008.thumb.jpeg.7ed461bd7ef7995d5c5a0d2da962ef14.jpeg

But When heat sensor up, never changes values.

I wonder, Do I need to linearize my inputs like 4-20 mA?

This is a 4 wires sensor and wire it up this way: 

IMG_0612_1512x2016.thumb.jpeg.dd685e21ebe42863e7bf7167c0c19bab.jpeg

Two of the wire are connected to one module UIS-WCB2 4-20 mA and got the right values. And I decide to connect the Temperature in a UIS-08TC because I am trying to find the ease way to read my temperature on sensors because of the UIS-WCB2 I read this and when I connect them there gave me a weird reading. see what copy from the manual  said below:

On UIS-WCB2 Manual said: About thermocouple isolation Although the temperature inputs are isolated from the bus and the module's power-supply port, they are neither isolated from each other nor from the analog inputs. Therefore, temperature inputs isolation may be bypassed when using an exposed-junction (nonisolated) thermocouple in conjunction with analog inputs or another exposed-junction thermocouple, which can lead to flow of unwanted currents through the thermocouple wires that might interfere with thermocouple voltage reading. In order to maintain temperature inputs isolation when using one or more of the analog inputs or when using more than one thermocouple, either:  Use isolated-junction thermocouples, or, if you are not using the analog inputs, you may use up to one exposed-junction thermocouple per UIS-WCB2 module;  Electrically isolate exposed-junction thermocouples from other electrically-conductive parts of the system.

Does anybody know how to hook up right my wires???

Thanks

Juan

• MVP 2023

Hi.

I've reviewed the documentation for your sensor and the Unistream I / O module you have.

I must emphasize that the temperature inputs can be used only in the mV mode in the range of -70mV----+70mV (or use separate passive temperature sensor).

Your sensor has 10mV per 1 degree so you can only see +7 degrees maximum at this input regardless of the settings.

My recommendations - connect the output of the 0-1V temperature sensor to the second analog input in 0-10V mode. It has a 14-bit resolution and you can easily calculate the limits of temperature change with the help of a linearization FB.

18 hours ago, kratmel said:

Hi.

I've reviewed the documentation for your sensor and the Unistream I / O module you have.

I must emphasize that the temperature inputs can be used only in the mV mode in the range of -70mV----+70mV (or use separate passive temperature sensor).

Your sensor has 10mV per 1 degree so you can only see +7 degrees maximum at this input regardless of the settings.

My recommendations - connect the output of the 0-1V temperature sensor to the second analog input in 0-10V mode. It has a 14-bit resolution and you can easily calculate the limits of temperature change with the help of a linearization FB.

Ok,

Thanks kratmel for your response.

Yes,  I think it's a good idea. I will keep post the results here and see how it looks like.