How to start two or more Unilogic Studio on my laptop?

Hello!

I'm beginnig  to use Unistream - early I used Simatic Manager and TIA Portal. And first trouble I see - I can't start two Unilogic Studio with different project for copy/past some elements from first project to second project (for exsample) or I can't just lucking ... Maybe it possible and  I just didn't understend?

On 8/3/2022 at 10:32 AM, AlexUT said:

By design , only one UniLogic Studio allowed to start.

Which is a bad design.

What if, you need to compare 2 projects? 

Should you print one on paper and sit and compare there?
What if you want to copy/paste  block from another project and use it in the current one without going thru the hassle of exporting and importing? (Which takes way longer then ctrl-c, ctrl-v)

I cannot think of a sane reason artificially limit to one instance at all.

• Like 1

There is a compare function in Acrobat Pro that claims to identify differences.

I dont have this program so I dont know how well it works.

I just tried a free online compare with a unilogic project after a made a few small changes.

It picked up the differences easily.

The website is https://draftable.com/compare    if someone wants to try a Visilogic file or a more complex file.

Regards

Denis

• MVP 2023
17 hours ago, sgull said:

I just tried a free online compare

Hmmmmm. I'm assuming that Acrobat looks at printed versions?  

It all sounds great, but I just looovvvee sites that are online and to do the job wanted they examine things you upload to them.

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
On 8/8/2022 at 4:38 PM, Gargamel said:

What if you want to copy/paste  block from another project and use it in the current one

In response to this same stumbling block often asked about in the Vision forum, I again played with things in Visilogic trying different methods.  Perhaps the solution I found might be of help....I don't know whether it works in Unilogic, though.  Please try and advise.

https://forum.unitronics.com/topic/9033-you-can-copypaste-between-projects-but-not-quite-as-easily-as-you-hope-heres-how/

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023

pascal, I've tried that method and I've never been able to get the function to work as you say between the two environments.  But my attempts have always been with Visilogic.

I'm also wondering what virtual environment you are running? Mine are older versions of windows so perhaps that is the issue.  I haven't tried an "identical" version.

It would be nice to know a definite method that works.

cheers, Aus