LewanSoul LDX-218 Servo

Des

Hi All, I hoping you can help answer a question I have about a servo I am looking to use in my animatronic project shortly.

I am looking to use the LewanSoul LDX-218 servo, however on the product information page it states that it has 180 degrees of rotation, however it also states that when it is turned off it can be rotated 360 degrees?

Does that mean, if I use it say in the arm of my animatronic project, and there is any weight on the servo due to the arm being extended say, that when powered off the arm would drop down?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Kind Regards,

Des.

• MVP 2023
4 hours ago, Des said:

Does that mean, if I use it say in the arm of my animatronic project, and there is any weight on the servo due to the arm being extended say, that when powered off the arm would drop down?

Yes, if no power - arm woud drop down.

In industrial applications, all motors have high-speed lockout brakes after tripping. The task of the brakes is to keep the robot in an arbitrary position after switching off.

The rotation of an arbitrary motor after power trip should be no more than one revolution. If this condition is not fulfilled, the robot says that it has lost the coordinate of the axis in which the brake is faulty.

Using servos like you suggest is a cheap solution but I haven't seen one with a brake. This is an increase in weight and additional wires and energy to control the actuator brake.

Hi Kratmel,

Thank you for your quick reply and help, it is very much appreciated.  This is exactly what I assumed would happen.

Apologies for the delay in my reply, I have been so busy with work recently, I have just got round to checking the forum.

Kind Regards,

Des.