Communication problems

willy

Hello,

I'm new with the unitronix PLC's and have a Jazz JZ10-11-R16 for testing. I use a laptop where I installed the U90 ladder softwar.

I installed and USB to Com converter and the pc find this device ad comport 3

I have set comport 3 as described in the manual : baudrate 9600, parity even, stopbits 1, data bits 7, flowcontrol none

I also set these values in the operating system of U90 and in the M90 OPLC serttings including comportnumber.

when I try to communicate with the jazz in the window at the bottom of th screen shows :

Synchronizing Com Ports, after 3 try's of synchronizing it switched comports and try to synchronize.

After that I get the messige : <Communication could not be establised due to one of the following:

- Cable connections are not secure

- Time out is to short

- Incorrect communication settings

What do I do wrong ????

Hello,

Please provide us the following details:

Did the error occur on other PC or with other PLC or MJ20-PRG?

Which USB2Serial brand you have?

Can you tell us what is the P/N of your Unitronics adapter and are you using 4 or 6 wire cable?

If you have any doubts about the hardware functionality, contact your local distributor for replacing the PLC and the programming kit.

Hello,

Please provide us the following details:

Did the error occur on other PC or with other PLC or MJ20-PRG?

Which USB2Serial brand you have?

Can you tell us what is the P/N of your Unitronics adapter and are you using 4 or 6 wire cable?

If you have any doubts about the hardware functionality, contact your local distributor for replacing the PLC and the programming kit.

hello,

I tried it on my desk PC but I get the same error message. I use an usb-serial converter from ICIDU type C-707607

The programm cable is MJ10-22CS10 from unitronics and the number on the MJ20-PRG is SN:LH02F08PT.

I have borrowed the PLC and cables from a friend to try this PLC out. So the PLC and cable do function by my friend.

On my deskPC and laptop run windows7 64bit. I also disabled UAC.

hello,

I tried it on my desk PC but I get the same error message. I use an usb-serial converter from ICIDU type C-707607

The programm cable is MJ10-22CS10 from unitronics and the number on the MJ20-PRG is SN:LH02F08PT.

I have borrowed the PLC and cables from a friend to try this PLC out. So the PLC and cable do function by my friend.

On my deskPC and laptop run windows7 64bit. I also disabled UAC.

I noticed in your post that you said that you followed a particular example in choosing port 3. This is probably not your port it is only an example and not a fixed value that is the same for everyone. You need to get to the windows device manager and go to the com port part of device manager and if you unplug the USB to serial adaptor one of the ports on the list will dissapear. Plug the adaptor back in and the port will return. Whatever port that is, is the port number you need to chose in your com settings in the visilogic program. The program will automatically try different come speeds untill it finds one that is good.

Keith

• 6 years later...