MQTT - Mosquitto - Unilogic

JWARD

I'm just learning PLC programming and need to implement MQTT so I figured I's start with the simple MQTT example provided by Unitronics. My setup is a Mosquitto Broker running on Ubuntu, a US5-B10-RA28 plc and I'm programing with the latest version of Unilogic.  

I have tested to ensure the Broker is working both from the Ubuntu machine and from a windows machine using MQTT Explorer. I then open the simple example, modify the Broker connection and IP address of my broker and download it to the PLC.  I click the connect button, but nothing seems to happen, I change the Publish ID and click the publish button, but no data is received by the broker.

I have tested using the URL or IP address of the broker but neither worked. 

I guess my question would be, what is the least amount of configuration required to publish to a broker, I know I need to configure the broker, configure at least 1 publication, and configure the IP connection of the PLC, where I'm stuck is on the ladder. would someone be able to provide a very simply explication of the minimum ladder needed to send data to the broker.    

Thanks in advance!!

Joe

1st. to check if your broker is working, use postman -> a free tool to check rest api's and mqtt 

2. check your broker connection in mqtt protocol settings in unilogic -> below an example of my broker connection - first setup your broker without user and password to test it

image.thumb.png.2466ec0c0aec0385c1411c55aaa7eec9.png

3. make a subscription like following example, use raw data as format, after you can implement json....

image.thumb.png.6c0714725b04277a78d85b3b3794052a.png

4. make a ladder rung to subscribe to all topics like this

image.png.893d4b53d9bccf5538b771624f52edc9.png