Import/export communication module variable operand adressing

Hi everyone,

I wonder if it there is any option or tool available to import/export communication addressing on Visilogic.

I am currently using canopen and i would like to avoid entering the configuration of each and every node by hand (EMCY, NMT, PDOs bits and register addresses). I have 16 nodes to fill and i'd rather avoid any typing mistake.

I think those addresses are hidden into Vision internal memory mapping but i wonder if there is any access to it other than entering each MB/MI by hand.

Cheers,

Sideway.

10 hours ago, Sideway said:

Hi everyone,

I wonder if it there is any option or tool available to import/export communication addressing on Visilogic.

I am currently using canopen and i would like to avoid entering the configuration of each and every node by hand (EMCY, NMT, PDOs bits and register addresses). I have 16 nodes to fill and i'd rather avoid any typing mistake.

I think those addresses are hidden into Vision internal memory mapping but i wonder if there is any access to it other than entering each MB/MI by hand.

Cheers,

Sideway.

Yes, I think If you export a sub routine it will take any operands used inside the function blocks.

However, if you are using vectors, It will only take the referenced operands, so the operands won have their names, but you can also export/import operands descriptions. or do a copy/paste multiple operand descriptions from an excel to the project.

the only catch exporting/importing is that if I am correct some communication configuration functions require to be on the Main subroutine which cannot be exported, the workaround could be to create a copy of the "Main routine" and export that one. then do a copy paste.

another way to do is opening your project, copy all the rungs or functions, then close the project. open the other project and paste it. the copy/paste works in between projects it stays on the clipboard even if you close the file.