Modbus to SD

• External Moderators

Hello, [off topic] This will be my first "real" topic in this new brand forum. I hope it will be so good as the old forum [/off topic]

I finished a little project to make a Datalogger with a V130. Someone could ask: anything else?

Well, it's an easy application for Unitronics but we realized that it's hard to find in the market a datalogger so open and cheap.

The project is simple:

1.- To read datas from a Modbus Slave

2.- Prepare the datas

3.- Save the datas in the microSD of the V130 (In spanish you have to do some changes for the standard way to create a CSV)

Easy? now go to find a Datalogger in the market with the powerful of the V130.

Maybe now you want ot connect te controller to Ethernet or GPRS and send e-mail with logged data as attgached files?

BTW - our customer in Denmark made windmills. He wanted to collect a lot fo data in SD card and at the end of the day to send e-mail with attachewd file. In addition, he wanted to operate the system via SMS and to receive basic data back as reply.

V130. Few hours "standard" programming...

• External Moderators

There is other good:

One of the slave modbus is a energy meter and the manufacturer has a software to read its values. Now the V130 is a Gateway Modbus RTU to Modbus TCP too. This way the software can connect via internet (ADSL)with the remote energy meter. The application is a replication of the address RTU to TCP.

The future will be to it via GPRS. A question: is possible to connect with a V130 in "Modbus TCP GPRS"??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • External Moderators

It is possible to connect to a GPRS modem via Ethernet with Phoenix Contact PSI-MODEM-GSM/ETH. See attached.

Thanks Malcolm but this is not my target. I have other projects with Ewon modem-router instead of a simple modem GPRS.

The question is if I can use the V130+modem gprs like a Modbus TCP/ip slave

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Malcolm but this is not my target. I have other projects with Ewon modem-router instead of a simple modem GPRS.

The question is if I can use the V130+modem gprs like a Modbus TCP/ip slave

Hello Nacho,

You can use the a GPRS modem for TCP/IP Slave comunication using a VPN tunnel. The model I suggested is a GPRS/GSM modem, router, firewall and has the ability for VPN tunnels. I do not know of the Ewon but if it supports VPN then it is posible to make a "Local Area Network" using the internet and the modem as gateway. I have a presentation but it is too large to post if you want it please let me know.

• 9 years later...
On 8/5/2010 at 2:24 AM, Nacho said:

Hello, [off topic] This will be my first "real" topic in this new brand forum. I hope it will be so good as the old forum [/off topic]

I finished a little project to make a Datalogger with a V130. Someone could ask: anything else?

Well, it's an easy application for Unitronics but we realized that it's hard to find in the market a datalogger so open and cheap.

The project is simple:

1.- To read datas from a Modbus Slave

2.- Prepare the datas

3.- Save the datas in the microSD of the V130 (In spanish you have to do some changes for the standard way to create a CSV)

Easy? now go to find a Datalogger in the market with the powerful of the V130.

Dear friend, I have to do a datalogger very similar to yours. Could you share your development with me? It would save me time and I would really appreciate it.