Problems with windows 7

Guest Jan N.

Guest Jan N.

Hello!

The problems started when I started to use the Win 7. There is no problem with using the VisiLogic except if I would like to swap version. Then every time I have to change the User Account Control (UAC) settings to do that. Can this be fixed?

Bigger problem is that I can't use the Remote Operator tool with recomended level of UAC. If I scroll down the UAC level I can install and use the Remote Operator. I thought that it's similar to the VisiLogic that after install I can change the UAC level back but it seem to be not that simple. After I changed the UAC level back to its recomended state I am not able to use the Remote Operator normally any more.

Is there any solutions for this problem?

Jan

Hi,

Both Visilogic and Remote Operator require the UAC to be lowered to the minimum level settings.

Both programs extracts or create temp files while working. You might not notice problems with Visilogic while working with it in recommended level settings, but it might fails when trying to open project on specific folders, create URC files for Remote Access or remote Operator, change INI files etc.

Remote Operator will probably fail when trying to extract PLC models configuration to your hard-drive.

Can I ask why are you tend to use the recommended UAC settings?

Guest Jan N.

Hi!

Problem solved... allmost...

I gave some more rights to the

unitronics folder, so Remote Operator doesn't give any errors.

I thought if they (Microsoft) have done this kind of feature it must be good for

something :rolleyes:, so I wondered, can I work with the recomended level of UAC.

Jan