CanOpen - SDO transfer complete

I'm using a Vision 130, talking CanOpen SDO messages to a Kollmorgen AKD drive.

My question is, is there a 'message complete' bit in the V130 unit that would be true when a message is complete? I can see the CanOpen Transfer In Progress bit (SB242) and the CanOpen Transfer Failed bit (SB243), but I don't see a bit that indicates that the message was successful and completed.

I am trying to sequence messages to the drive, but need to know that the previous message was completed successfully before I start the next message.

Thanks,

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using a Vision 130, talking CanOpen SDO messages to a Kollmorgen AKD drive.

My question is, is there a 'message complete' bit in the V130 unit that would be true when a message is complete? I can see the CanOpen Transfer In Progress bit (SB242) and the CanOpen Transfer Failed bit (SB243), but I don't see a bit that indicates that the message was successful and completed.

I am trying to sequence messages to the drive, but need to know that the previous message was completed successfully before I start the next message.

Thanks,

Dan

think this might be as easy as to add a coil, on the output on the right side of the SDO send block.

not sure if this is what u need.

HYe,

"...I am trying to sequence messages to the drive, but need to know that the previous message was completed successfully before I start the next message..."

Why don't you read using another SDO the param previously wrote by your SDO ?

SDO write Param

SDO read param :

If Read = That i want then Send another SDO,

Hye debew,

You wrote : "...I am trying to sequence messages to the drive, but need to know that the previous message was completed successfully before I start the next message..."

To know if a SDO has been successfully sended you can check/control if the transmitted Datas are sored in the device by reading them into the device using another SDO.

If the data are that expected then Proceed next SDO Or Re-attempt the Previous one 2 times again for ex. before Err..