string library import

Hello,

I´ve tried to import russian language string file to the string library, but I always get result texts like ??????. I´ve tried both excel and csv files (but Visilogic doesn´t accept csv file saved as unicode). I have Arial font installed in Visilogic and I´m able to write russian texts, but no import. It's difficult for me to type every single string in the russian, I don't know this language. Ctrl+C Ctrl+V doesn't work neither. It's the same in Visilogic 9.3.1 and 9.5.0.

Its any way how to figure out this import? 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I´ve tried to import russian language string file to the string library, but I always get result texts like ??????. I´ve tried both excel and csv files (but Visilogic doesn´t accept csv file saved as unicode). I have Arial font installed in Visilogic and I´m able to write russian texts, but no import. It's difficult for me to type every single string in the russian, I don't know this language. Ctrl+C Ctrl+V doesn't work neither. It's the same in Visilogic 9.3.1 and 9.5.0.

Its any way how to figure out this import? 

I am very interested in the solution to this as well.

In the font handler, make sure that script is set to Cyrillic (box is at the bottom right)

Also your PC should be set to Russian as well to allow the Copy/Paste.  In Control panel --> Region and Language

On the formats tab select Russian from the first drop down.

On the administrive tab click "Change System Locale"

Set the Default input to russian.

You should now be able to copy and paste russian characters freely.

hope that helps!