EX-D16A3-T016 Output Power

Good Day

I have a EX-D16A3-T016 connected to a V1040.

Not making use of any inputs and the outputs are wired PNP.

When switching on an output like 47 for example.

The voltage is 24v

If I try connect a few gloves to it which we call "Ground Lights" on the vehicle, the output comes on but the lights are dull and the voltage is no more than 1.7v 

and the status light S.C. is red.

I've also tried to switch on the vehicles windscreen wipers and it does the same with that..

If I remove the wire from output 47(EX-D16A3-T016) and i put the wire into output 2 of a V200-18-E46B and i switch on the output, the the lights work properly.

is there anything that i am doing incorrectly.

Hi Mckruger,

The S.C.: Red LED Lights when a pnp output transistor load causes a short-circuit. When an output load causes a short-circuit, the system disconnects that output and lights the S.C. LED on the module’s front panel. The short circuit is also identified by the PLC software. For example, in the Vision OPLC, SB 5 turns on and SDW 5, 
containing a bitmap, indicates which module has caused the short-circuit. For more information, refer to the PLC online help, or you can always contact Unitronics support
I have included the 2 links to the Tech Spec which contains this definition as well as the instillation guide to confirm the connections. 

http://www.unitronics.com/Downloads/Support/Technical%20Library/IO%20expansion%20modules/XL%20Expansion%20Modules/EX-D16A3-TO16_INSTL-GUIDE_06-12.pdf

Hi Mckruger,

The S.C.: Red LED Lights when a pnp output transistor load causes a short-circuit. When an output load causes a short-circuit, the system disconnects that output and lights the S.C. LED on the module’s front panel. The short circuit is also identified by the PLC software. For example, in the Vision OPLC, SB 5 turns on and SDW 5, 
containing a bitmap, indicates which module has caused the short-circuit. For more information, refer to the PLC online help, or you can always contact Unitronics support
I have included the 2 links to the Tech Spec which contains this definition as well as the instillation guide to confirm the connections. 

http://www.unitronics.com/Downloads/Support/Technical%20Library/IO%20expansion%20modules/XL%20Expansion%20Modules/EX-D16A3-TO16_INSTL-GUIDE_06-12.pdf

Hi Michael_P

I forgot that the difference between the EX and V200 is that 1 has transistor outputs and the other has relay outputs.

So the ampage of the EX expansion module wasnt enough to drive the lights etc so had to add a relay in the mix and now it works fine.

Thanks.