Looking to purchase

Hello, first time here. I'm looking to purchase a V130-J-TR34, But I have 3 questions.

1 - Can you accomplish a continuous jog of a stepper using the PTO, if so how is this accomplished?

2 - I have a analog input to close the loop to the stepper, what I want to do is move a slide to a position based on the analog input feedback?

3 - Did I pick a controller capable of meeting my needs?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hello, first time here. I'm looking to purchase a V130-J-TR34, But I have 3 questions.

1 - Can you accomplish a continuous jog of a stepper using the PTO, if so how is this accomplished?

2 - I have a analog input to close the loop to the stepper, what I want to do is move a slide to a position based on the analog input feedback?

3 - Did I pick a controller capable of meeting my needs?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hi Mike

1- Absolutely. It is actually pretty easy to configure. I attached a sample application (also available in Visilogic) for your convenience. The application was created for V350 but you can use it to understand the programming that need to be done.

2 - You can connect the input of the slider to the target of the stepper. By linearizing the signal from the slider you can create any jog configuration you like.

3- The controller you picked will meet your needs as you defined them in this post. If you don't need many I/O, you can purchase the V130-33-TR20 -12 DI instead of 22 and 6 DO instead of 8. 

I hope that helps...

V350_PTO example plus Jogging.VLP