v280 with EX-A2X, possible wireless communication?

Hello,

I have a project in my mind that i will try to make an experement, but i would like some information.

V280 communicates with its own expansion port with EX-A2X. This communication is been between this two devices is with unitronics special cable that can go maximun to 20m.

This communication is been based to rs232 protocol?

If yes then it could be possible to convert this rs232 to ethernet, with an industrial ethernet converter, and extend this to another location.

Do you think that this is possible?

thank you.

This is unfortunately not possible.The EX-A2X expansion adapter does require our proprietary cable in order to properly work. Within the Vision Series hardware there is also a check to ensure the the local expansion adapter is connected. If the adapter is not detected upon powerup than it will not communicate with the device. This requires a hard wired connection using the EXL-CAB cables. Also, if the adapter is disconnected once running the PLC will stop for safety reasons as an output should not remain on/off without the PLC being able to control it.

One option for transferring information via Ethernet is to have the desired units send information via Modbus IP over a network of PLC's with local expansion adapters.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a project in my mind that i will try to make an experement, but i would like some information.

V280 communicates with its own expansion port with EX-A2X. This communication is been between this two devices is with unitronics special cable that can go maximun to 20m.

This communication is been based to rs232 protocol?

If yes then it could be possible to convert this rs232 to ethernet, with an industrial ethernet converter, and extend this to another location.

Do you think that this is possible?

thank you.

Hi,

You need long distance control more than 20 m ,that over unitronics specification .You may install ethernet card to v280 and apply ethernet to wifi converter  to communicate with the other end ,this one more possible.

regard