UDP protocol communication

HUIN JP

Hello Everybody.

I am trying to establish a communication using UDP protocol with a third part PLC (ABB AC800F).

It seems that the content of the heater is not the same into the Unistream PLC that into the ABB

Can somebody give me the structure of the header used by Unistream PLC’s for UDP communication.

Thanks a lot

• 4 months later...

Hello Everybody.

I am trying to establish a communication using UDP protocol with a third part PLC (ABB AC800F).

It seems that the content of the heater is not the same into the Unistream PLC that into the ABB

Can somebody give me the structure of the header used by Unistream PLC’s for UDP communication.

Thanks a lot

Hi Huin,

According to the ABB catalog, UDP communication is used for display updates and communication between ABB controllers. Basically, you can use the TCP PROTOCOL function block to directly influence these elements, but i cannot see a good reason to do so.

Instead, use the MODBUS TCP protocol for communication. It is a well established protocol which will prevent messing around with low level communications and will make your life easier.