Alarms Display V570

jsmn

:rolleyes::wacko: Hello Unitronics.

In June this summer i had a question about HSC, and with a few words from Joe T i was on track. Thank you!!

Now my question is the alarms properties.

I understand the use of the alarm active bit,( change the colore of the alarm button ).

1. What is the function of the Reset bit?

I have no funktion on the reset bit when i press the reset button in the Alarm display.

I want to extend the alarm in the ladder code with the reset bit until the operator make the reset  from the Alarm display.

2. What is the funktion of the Ack.bit.

3. How to set the real time clock for the alarms in the Alarm display.

Hi Jsmn,

Thank you for using Unitronics products.

The answers to your questions:

1. The alarm reset bit functions as a reset mechanism for the alarm itself. This is useful for monitoring the correct functionality of your system. If the bit that triggered the alarm int the first place is not reset, the alarm will keep popping up.

2. The Ack (or acknowledgment) bit is a common function in industrial automation. It means that the operator acknowledge that he understands that an alarm is still active. The following post gives a typical example for the use of Alarm Reset and Ack: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=73191

3. To set the RTC of the PLC you should go to the Connection menu-->Communication&OS. Select the second tab and press "Set RTC" (when the programming cable connected to the PLC).

Hallo Eyal Koren.

Thank you for helping me with the alarm displays.

My problem is that the reset mecanism is not working.

In the "alarms propertys" i select MB 841 as the reset bit for a specific alarm, and then i use the reset bit MB 841 in the ladder code.

If i in the alarm display press the reset button for the specific alarm, nothing happens with MB 841 in the ladder code.

What is the meaning to select a reset bit.

Hallo Eyal Koren.

Thank you for helping me with the alarm displays.

My problem is that the reset mecanism is not working.

In the "alarms propertys" i select MB 841 as the reset bit for a specific alarm, and then i use the reset bit MB 841 in the ladder code.

If i in the alarm display press the reset button for the specific alarm, nothing happens with MB 841 in the ladder code.

What is the meaning to select a reset bit.

The Reset Bit is an optional operand selection tool. You can use it to create a specific logic when the actual alarm is reset by the user (for example - start logging data upon alarm reset). The actual alarm reset button is found in the Alarms Screen.

Please see the attached application. I'm sure it will answer all your questions 

Alarm example.vlp

Hi Eyal Koren-Shalev.

The alarms display must have an MB for reset funktion in the ladder code,

If you have emergency stop the engine, you dont want it to start before you have reset the alarm from the alarms display.

That is the exactly the reason for the ladder reset bit being optional - not all alarms are critical and demand this kind of safety mechanisms.

In case of emergency stop, you connect the reset bit to the system start logic, but the actual reset is being done in the Alarms Screen.

Hi Eyal Koren Shalev.

I am very happy that we understand each other.

For a specific alarm i select MB 841 as reset bit in the alarm properties. I put the reset bit in the ladder code for the alarm.

I make the alarm with my alarm button. In the alarm screen i press the reset button for the specific alarm, nothing happens, the alarm is still active.

The reset button in the alarm screen has no connection with my MB 841 in the ladder code.

What is the problem, what is it that i dont understand.

Hi Eyal Koren Shalev.

I am very happy that we understand each other.

For a specific alarm i select MB 841 as reset bit in the alarm properties. I put the reset bit in the ladder code for the alarm.

I make the alarm with my alarm button. In the alarm screen i press the reset button for the specific alarm, nothing happens, the alarm is still active.

The reset button in the alarm screen has no connection with my MB 841 in the ladder code.

What is the problem, what is it that i dont understand.

To be able to reset an alarm, the conditions that triggered it from the first place should be turned to normal state. Hence, if an emergency button was pressed and triggered an alarm, the only way to reset this alarm is if the emergency button is released.

If following this instruction still doesn't seem to solve the issue, please send your application to support@unitronics.com. 

Hi again Eyal Koren.

Thank you for all support. Now i finely understand how the Alarm Displays works.

I send you my test projekt so you can se the problem I have.

I am working with diesel Power plants,and we make our own softwear.

Look at the ladder code, this is a very common way to create alarms with Reset.

It is for the ladder code(not the alarm screen)to deside if the alarm is reset able

or not. If the alarm (MB940) is active, the alarm is not reset able.

Is it possible to get an option Reset MB with the next update, so that the alarm screens

reset button works even if the alarm signal is active.

micke-alarms.vlp

Hi again Eyal Koren.

Thank you for all support. Now i finely understand how the Alarm Displays works.

I send you my test projekt so you can se the problem I have.

I am working with diesel Power plants,and we make our own softwear.

Look at the ladder code, this is a very common way to create alarms with Reset.

It is for the ladder code(not the alarm screen)to deside if the alarm is reset able

or not. If the alarm (MB940) is active, the alarm is not reset able.

Is it possible to get an option Reset MB with the next update, so that the alarm screens

reset button works even if the alarm signal is active.

attachicon.gifmicke-alarms.vlp

Iv'e looked over your application. You were using a simple self-holding mechanism to keep MB31 energized. The thing is this: In an actual system you anyway won't be able to reset the alarm until you will reset MB940, because it will keep the self-holding mechanism energized all the time.