Measuring time between 2 events

tempo

Which is the most precise method, how do measure time between two events? I have a device with analog output. I need to measure the time between, when the analong input to m91 is greater than 0 and when it reaches to maximum AI value. It is a force sensor. 

Is there a way to store timer elapsed time value in a mi? It seems I can display it on HMI, but it is not somewhere in the memory?

The example under help uses 1 sec pulse, but it is way to long time.

Best regards

Hi Tempo,

There are several ways to measure the interval between two events. One of them is actually what you suggested, hence storing the timer current time into a variable.

The attached application demonstrates how you can do that (with several other features).

This application was taken from the U90Ladder sample projects folder. There are several other timed based applications, so you can check what method is better for you.

If something still isn't clear, please let me know.

Timer values Store and Load.U90

• Upvote 1

Thanks for Your fast reply. The example helped me!

Hi Tempo,

There are several ways to measure the interval between two events. One of them is actually what you suggested, hence storing the timer current time into a variable.

The attached application demonstrates how you can do that (with several other features).

This application was taken from the U90Ladder sample projects folder. There are several other timed based applications, so you can check what method is better for you.

If something still isn't clear, please let me know.