Jazz Power monitoring device

Hi all,

Is there a way to measure power factor of a three-phase generator with jazz plc (JZ20-R31).

I have an option to use an existing device(Sentron pac3100), but only float data type avaliable.
Another option is Elnet which has integer data avaliable, but integer 0 when PF is 0,85 doesnt really help...

I probably could get it with some math functions between real and apparent power, but that isn't the most elegant way to do it and is also error prone.

Is there another way with JAZZ or do i have to use a different controller?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Pawks

Hello Pawks,

There is no way for the Jazz units to directly measure power factor.  We can only read in DC discrete or analog signals.

Is there another device in the system measuring the PF, then sending a signal to denote the PF?  Or were you planning to have the Jazz directly measure this value?

Hi,

I see that i posted a question with too little information, sorry for that.

My plan is to connect jazz to a power monitoring device via modbus.

The problem is, that jazz only "understands" integers and my existing power monitoring device (sentron pac3100) has only float type data avaliable. Another possible device (elnet) that has integer type data avaliable only has the whole part avaliable (0 for 0.95) which isn't really usable.

So my question: is there any avaliable power monitoring devices that are compatible with jazz controller?

Thank you

Best regards,

Pawks

Hello Pawks,

Unfortunately, there are none that we are aware of - maybe someone else on here has used one they can recommend.

Is there a way to split the float into two integers on your Sentron?  This way we could read the two inetegers (whole part and fractional part) then "put them together" in the Jazz.  Otherwise, you would need to find another device that reads the PF as a whole (scaled) integer.

Hope this helps.