Hi,

I have to control the tension in a Web. We will be using a V130 + LC1 along with a Load cell. What would be the right way to go about this. Should I use a PID to control the the brake on the unwinder? Or is there another way of doing it. I will be using LC1 for the first time.

Thanks,

Ron

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have to control the tension in a Web. We will be using a V130 + LC1 along with a Load cell. What would be the right way to go about this. Should I use a PID to control the the brake on the unwinder? Or is there another way of doing it. I will be using LC1 for the first time.

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron,

I assume you are using some type of 0-10v or 4-20mA to Pressure regulator to control the brake? PID control is the norm. You will probably end up leaving the D gain 0. You'll want to come up with some sort of scheme to adjust the response as the diameter winds down.

D

Hi Ron,

I assume you are using some type of 0-10v or 4-20mA to Pressure regulator to control the brake? PID control is the norm. You will probably end up leaving the D gain 0. You'll want to come up with some sort of scheme to adjust the response as the diameter winds down.

D

Hi Damian,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I will be using a 4 - 20mA to regulate the powder clutch brake. i am not worried about the diameter as i am using a loadcell to check the actual tension in the web. this in turn modifies the brake condition.

Ron