Modbus programming

Good day all,

I am in need of some assistance for programming using the vision HMI/PLC. We have an application that uses modbus TCP to read/write to a device in the field. There are no inputs or outputs used in this program.. Also, would need some assistance creating the visual on the HMI to display these values. Some projects range from 30 devices to 250+ devices. I have attached a pic from the Modbus section of the install manual.  I'm sure there will be additional questions.

Thank you for any interest.

TJ 

AC Modbus.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ORSO2001 said:

dear TJ,

some not clear info from you...I mean...you wrote about ModBus TCP but the document attached report, for these devices, ModBus RTU by RS485...have you a gateway in the middle?

My apologies, this set up on the down stream device is modbus RTU, however, it uses a rj45 connection.  We would be using a gateway RTU -> TCP into the PLC/HMI combo.

Here is the long and short of it. We currently get this set up from a supplier. It takes them 8+ weeks to get one out to us. I figured if we can get a scalable program  set up, delivery times would decrease considerably. Thus, making for a happier customer.