Problems with and cannot connect to a USC-B5-T42 PLC

AshJ

Hi all.

Hoping someone can help me please.

We have a couple of USC-B5-T42 PLCs on site and I'm unable to gain access to either of them.

I've tried via ethernet but I don't know the IP address of plc. I've tried guessing but to no avail.

USB seems to be disabled as the pc wont connect via USB at all.

What's the best way to gain access so I can backup/monitor the plc?

Next problem: 

One of the PLCs im having an issue with. It has a UIA-0402N and a UIA-0006 attached to it. A fault has developed somewhere. If you power the plc down and try to power it back up, it just shows error and wont boot wit both I/O's connected. Disconnect UIA-0006 and it will boot up fine. Ive tried changing both I/Os but same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks all.

Hi Ash;

Do these have a Unitronics USL  Display attached to them or are they "blind"?  

If a USL Display, can you get into UniApps? ( Press touch screen Upper Right Corner area. )

Do you have a VNC Connection to them?  This will have the Panel IP  in the Setup

Were these done inhouse or outside vendor?  If outside vendor, contact them.

Contact Unitronics Support and give them the Model number and the Serial Number. They may be able to provide the MAC address.

Another thing:  Is this PLC a Modbus Slave to another device?  it will have the USC panel address there.

DanT

On 1/28/2022 at 1:38 PM, DanT said:

Hi Ash;

Do these have a Unitronics USL  Display attached to them or are they "blind"?  

If a USL Display, can you get into UniApps? ( Press touch screen Upper Right Corner area. )

Do you have a VNC Connection to them?  This will have the Panel IP  in the Setup

Were these done inhouse or outside vendor?  If outside vendor, contact them.

Contact Unitronics Support and give them the Model number and the Serial Number. They may be able to provide the MAC address.

Another thing:  Is this PLC a Modbus Slave to another device?  it will have the USC panel address there.

DanT

Hi Dan,

Yes they have displays attached but UniApps wont open when touching corner area. It does nothing at all.

One of them has VNC set up (two plcs linking together). I have tried to connect using the IP address, etc.. that's on VNC but to no avail. Cannot find the PLC at all.

They were done by an outside vendor. The are unobtainable unfortunately.

About the Modbus slave, I'm not sure if I'm honest. There are two separate plcs and they talk to each other either end of the factory.

Thanks.

Hi Ash;

Get the serial Numbers from the PLC's   and contact Unitronics Support with the model number and serial number and they may be able to

give you the MAC  Addresses of the PLC's.

From there use an IP Sniffer program that looks at the MAC Addresses and provides the IP Addresses.

Perhaps  Unitronics Support can help you via a remote session.

Once that, look and see if you can   Upload the program from the PLC's.

Try to contact the vendor for the program also.

DanT